[Photo via Sunset] Grill This. Quesadillas are the perfect snack to have while lounging poolside, because they are not only extremely flavorful but are such an easy finger food to eat. Depending on what time it is, you can adjust the recipe to be either a breakfast quesadilla, or a lunch snack to enjoy poolside. What's even better is that you can also easily swap out some of the ingredients based on you or your guests' likings... Since we are such huge fans of using the grill as much as you can during the summer, today's recipe is for Grilled Chicken Eggplant Quesadillas...Ingredients and directions below...
8 oz. chicken tenders 4 1/4-inch-thick slices red onion 4 1/4-inch-thick crosswise slices eggplant 8 6-inch-diameter flour tortillas 1/2 c. grated Monterey Jack cheese 1/2 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese 1/4 cup water 2 tbs. chopped fresh cilantro 1 jalapeño chili, sliced 1 tbs. fresh lime juice 1 tbs. olive oil Vegetable oil Sour cream
1. Combine 1/4 cup water, cilantro, sliced jalapeño, lime juice and olive oil in blender.
2. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place chicken tenders in shallow baking dish. Pour marinade over, coating completely. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
4. Preheat Grill. Remove chicken from marinade and grill until cooked through, about 6 minutes.
5. Brush onion and eggplant with oil, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and grill for about 4 minutes, turning occasionally.
6. Wrap tortillas in foil and place on the top rack of the grill, while you cook the other ingredients.
7. Remove everything from the grill. Mix cheeses together in a bowl. Place about 1/4 cup of cheese on half the tortillas.
8. Top with chicken, one slice of onion and one slice of eggplant.
9. Top with another tortilla to make something like a sandwich.
10. Place on grill and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the tortillas are a nice golden brown.
11. Cut Grilled Chicken Quesadillas into quarters and serve with sour cream.