[Photo via OCS] Grill This. Grilling fruit may sound weird at first, but don't knock it until you have tried it. Over the weekend we visited a pick your own peach farm, and collected nearly ten pounds of perfectly ripe peaches. On the way home though, we thought, what in the world are we going to do with ten pounds of peaches!? Sure enough, they are countless things you can do with peaches and one of which is grill them. Today's recipe is for Grilled Peaches With Mint and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Ingredients and directions, courtesy of OCS, below...
INGREDIENTS: 8 peaches, cut in quarters and discarding the pit 5 teaspoons of light brown sugar A handful of mint, coarsely chopped Carton of your favorite vanilla bean ice cream
DIRECTIONS: 1. Place your grill on medium heat.
2. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the cut peaches.
3. Grill the peaches (1-2 minutes on each side).
4. Don’t move the peaches around during that time to make sure to get nice grill marks on each side of the fruit.
5. Remove from the heat and let cool for a couple minutes.
6. Scoop ice cream in the bottom of your serving bowl and add the coarsely chopped mint.