This Sunday marks July 4th 2010, and what a day it should be! Hopefully even after the debaucherous Friday and Saturday nights, you will still be left with a sliver of energy to enjoy the festivities the fourth should bring: great friends, good food, and of course, a rockin' fireworks show come nighttime. There are plenty of places to do some sky-gazing out East on the 4th, and we've compiled a list of the best for you to check out.
1. Grucci 'Stars Over Montauk' display at Umbrella beach @ 9pm on Sunday. Phone: 668-2428
2. Fireman's Field in Southampton (Noyak Road) @ 9pm on Thursday & Saturday. Phone: 283-3629
3. Grangebel Park in Riverhead @ 9pm on Sunday.
4. Riverhead Raceway on Route 58 @ 6pm on Saturday. Phone: 842-7223
1. Grucci Fireworks (over Shinnecock Bay) from the annual "American Picnic" benefit for the Southampton Fresh Air Home on Meadow Lane. The display will start circa dusk on Friday with great views from Coopers Beach.
2. The Sag Harbor Yacht Club @ 9:30pm on Saturday. Expect great views from any waterfront restaurant! Phone: 725-0567
3. Westhampton Country Club @ 9pm on Sunday. Great view from Main Street! Phone: 288-1148
4. Grucci Fireworks at The Devon Yacht Club in Amagansett @ 9:30pm on Sunday. Phone: 267-6340
[Photo via BBC]