Do you enjoy attending L.A.'s top parties and events? Looking to beef up that resume and writing portfolio with party reporting that can earn you college credit? This may be the perfect gig for you. Apply to be a GofG L.A. editorial intern today!
We are accepting applications for our Summer 2014 Internship Program.
Editorial Internship Qualifications:
- Located in the L.A. area and can commit to 3 days (15-20 hours) per week (training in DTLA for first month or two, then remote) + weekly events.
- Excited by what's going on in Los Angeles and its people, places, and current events.
- Have strong writing skills and an interest in editorial writing/blogging/journalism.
- Have strong research skills and are proficient in navigating the web to find reliable information.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, independent work style, minimum supervision needed.
- Have an understanding of fact checking.
- Experience and passion for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).
- Must be able to commit at least 3 months
Editorial Internship Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Helping out with event coverage (this means both writing about and attending events, posting to our social media outlets and occasionally assisting photographers)
- Assisting in creating content, conducting research for content and writing about assigned topics
- Sourcing and tagging photos
- Various administrative/office tasks (such as tagging photos, database entry, managing our calendar of events)
- Assisting with our social media initiatives
Editorial interns will get an unmatched, hands-on experience in the world of new media and journalism where their creative freedom is encouraged, gain great exposure to the PR and entertainment industry, and an exciting crash-course in all that L.A. has to offer. Must be a college junior, senior, graduate student (must be able to receive school credit).
Think you fit the bill? Email us expressing your interest in an internship with a short paragraph expressing why you want to intern at Guest of a Guest and tell us which mags and blogs you check on the daily. Include your resume, links to your social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), a clip or writing sample that reflects your skill and style and the date you can begin to Romina.Rosenow@guestofaguest.com with "EDITORIAL INTERN" in the subject line.