We made it! New York Fashion Week came and went in a flurry of tulle, leather, fur, stilettos, and champagne. Gwen Stefani's son Kingston closed down the week, Tavi bowed at the feet of fashion, Bette Midler hit the front row, Marchesa channeled Miss Havisham, and so much more. We're wrapping things up and taking a bow.
1. The Barney's Warehouse sale is on NOW! [Barneys]
2. Hair and Makeup inspiration from backstage at Milly. [TeenVogue]
3. The runway. [Guestofaguest]
4. For fall, Marchesa studied the deteriorating beauty of Miss Havisham. I want everything. Down to the socks. [Vogue]
5. The BIGGEST Spring trends: One is color. [InStyle]
7. Proenza Schouler's pixelated Boho. [Refinery29]
8. Before hitting the runway for Proenza, a model grabbed a light snack. [ABangUpJob]
10. Derek Lam discusses his collaboration with eBay.
12. Style doesn't just happen on the runway. Some of the coolest tattoos, hardware, other accessories on make-up artists back stage. [Racked]
13. 160: models/dancers at the Moncler Grenoble flash mob in Grand Central; 75: security guards at Lincoln Center; 4: number of times Florence and the Machine’s “Dog Days are Over” was played in a three hour period at Lincoln Center shows. Fashion Week by the numbers. [Fashionista]
14. Scenes from the front row: [HuffPo]
15. Sean Avery didn’t catch any shows at Lincoln Center this season. “I'm watching them on Style.com. It's easier to stay at home and not deal with the craziness.” [PageSix]
16. Kingston closed out Fashion Week, taking a bow with mom Gwen Stefani at the end of her L.A.M.B. show. [Via]
18. Tibi showed pretty pastels, wild prints, and metallics. [Refinery29]
19. From the runways, 5 easy pieces for Fall. [WSJ]
20. Rodarte collection inspired by the wheat fields of Breadbasket U.S.A. [Refinery29]
21. The best photos from Fashion Week's parties. [Refinery29]
22. And the best parties of Fashion Week were... [GofG]
25. She popped up on Good Morning America yesterday in head to toe latex.
28. Tavi bowing at the feet of fashion...Or, you know, getting a better shot of the shoes at Odilon. [Refinery29]
30. Absolutely loving Olivia Palermo's outfit. [MakeMeSoFit]
32. Nordstrom acquired the flash site HauteLook for $270 million. [Racked]
33. Baptiste Giabiconi: the highest-paid male model in the world, the man often referred to as Karl Lagerfeld's lover, boy toy, muse, and plaything is, in fact, one for the ladies. [LondonEveningStandard]
34. Backstage at Philip Lim. [Melikenurgezgin]
35. The fashion world may often inhabit its own bubble, but fashion doesn't exist in its own vacuum. Designers are influenced by other designers, past and present, whether they realize it or not—and whether they admit it or not. [WSJ]
Sorry, comments are currently unavailable
Monday, December 9
Click through for some great insider tips from the \"Swoon\" master herself.