Rodarte showed off their couture collection in Florence; Jen Brill shops with Vogue; more scandal from Marc Jacobs; Donatella Versace on "The Edge of Reason;" a new line for Kate Moss; hip but inexpensive engagement rings; cool lunch bags; Christian Loubiton as a work of art and more in today's Fashion Files!
1. Rodarte showed off their couture pieces-inspired by Fra Angelico’s frescoes in the monks’ cells at the Convent of San Marco- at Pitti Immagine in central Florence last night. [NYM]
2. Vogue goes Resort shopping with Jen Brill at Alexander Wang. [Vogue]
3. Patrice Lataillade, the former Chief Operating Officer of Marc Jacobs, announced that he was suing the company for unspecified damages after he was terminated from his position soon after accusing President Robert Duffy of "rampant harassment."Now, Lataillade is being accused of theft of over $20 million. [Racked]
4. Gaga wears a studded black leather vintage Versace number in "The Edge of Reason". It marks the first time Donatella has ever opened her archives to collaborate on a music video. [Fashionsita]
"I am greatly honored that Lady Gaga chose to wear a Versace Vintage look throughout her ‘Edge of Glory’ video. I am a great fan of hers and I believe that my brother Gianni would have appreciated her talent. Like him, Lady Gaga is unafraid to push boundaries and she has created an original vocabulary by merging fashion, music, theatre and art. For me, this video represents a wonderful tribute to anyone who is unafraid to take chances."
5. Building on her role as one of the ambassadors for Coty Inc.’s Rimmel makeup brand, Kate Moss is now creating her own line for the label. [WWD]
6. “One size fits all” no longer applies to mannequins. The generic white, hairless, skinny mannequin is being pushed aside by provocative alternatives that entice shoppers with muscles, unusual poses, famous faces and lifelike bodies. [NYT]
7. Forget brown bagging it. Here are some adorable options to carry your lunch in. [Refinery29]
8. Young (or old), broke and wanting to get married? Here's some super-hip engagement rings under $1,000. [Racked]
9. Famed still life photographer Peter Lippmann is re-enacting famous artworks with Christian Loubitons. [StyleBubble]