Galliano goes to work for Kate "the only Kate in London" Moss; Male lipstick hits the runways; Armani joins Alaia in designer-on-designer hate spews; Karlie Kloss' homecoming; Pippa Middleton's rear is in talks of an underwear campaign for a certain R&B singer, and much more in today's fashion files!!!
1. John Galliano refuses to rest on laurels as he scurries off to New York to produce the wedding dress for the quickly approaching Mosstock, excuse me, wedding date of queen bee Kate Moss. Eyebrows are raised as rumors circle that Galliano is in town. [Refinery]
2. Pucker up, guys are wearing lipstick too! I am proud to say that I saw this trend coming. Models sported splashes of yellow and snow white hued lipstick at Band of Outsiders and Ehud Joseph. Male models getting their lips stained for the catwalk isn't so shocking, but it leaves one wondering how long till the sidewalks of the concrete jungle becomes the lipstick jungle? [Refinery]
3. As Milan Fashion Week let loose, Armani loosened his lips to Italian press about Prada and Dolce & Gabbana. Something must be in the ritzy water of top designers this week, because no one is playing nice! Armani had some choice words about Prada's recent IPO in the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and the devastating state of fashion today. He went on to say that the two fashion house produced menswear that is 'sometimes ugly'. Yikes! [WWD]
David Beckham proving that Armani Menswear is indeed, flattering.
4. Karlie Kloss returns to her roots, to uproot the dream of models in the making. Kloss teams up with Mother Model Management to conduct a model competition in her hometown of St. Louis, Missouri. [Telegraph]
5. For Galliano, the show must, and continues to go on! In the midst of a anti-semitic trial charged with controversy and live coverage via twitter, John Galliano Spring/Summer 2012 will hit the runway today in Paris. [Fashionista]
Male models being fitted backstage at John Galliano S/S 2012 Menswear Show.
6. R&B crooner Usher is seeking the assistance of Pippa Middleton and her assets. The singer has placed Pippa Middleton on his most wanted list to model his upcoming underwear line, and he's willing to dish out the big bucks to get her! [DailyStar]
7. Chanel Fall 2011 nails! They have arrived, and with perfect timing for an August birthday present, hence the birthstone Peridot is available [Stylelist]
8. Louis Vuitton show stylist Katie Grand and LV campaign 16-year-old model Nyasha Matonhodze team up for cover look for Love Magazine! [Fashionologie]
9. Color Blocking deemed all the rage for the summer season! The trend has been on every fashion blog, editorial, and campaign ads; proven to be out of style no time soon as it appears in the 2012 Resort Shows. [Fashionista]
10. Hailee Steinfeld for Miu Miu. The 14-year-old actress poses for her very first designer campaign. [InStyle]