Stefano Pilati is scared of fashion bloggers, Marc Jacobs might be losing his cool, Nike helps you Make Yourself, Kate Moss changes her wedding date last minute and much more in today's Fashion Files!!
1. Apparently YSL's head designer, Stefano Pilati is afraid of bloggers. Not shying away from criticism, just annoyed at where it's coming from. Pilati explains that he doesn't see his fashion as editorially-oriented and believes the criticism faced from bloggers stem from a shallow approach. [Fashionista]
“I pay attention to all of them and I’m very scared,” Pilati told the paper. “Because who are these people? I would like to sit with them and ask them where they come from because it’s very easy to judge from your bed. At the same time, I’m fascinated. I’m fascinated by this era and this medium. If people are thirsty about fashion, I'd like to have a dialogue, but now it’s not a two-way dialogue: it’s a one-way dialogue.”
2. Marc Jacobs gets bad-mouthed by some fashion industry insiders. Most note that the designer has no distinct and consistent identity and may not be as relevant as he used to. Has Marc Jacobs lost his cool? [Stylecaster]
According to David Wolfe, creative director of the Doneger Group, Jacobs has a knack for “spinning a mystique. But does he have a consistent identity? Absolutely not.”
3. Get ready for Nike's Make Yourself girl power campaign. The next round of ads will be shot by legendary Vogue photographer Annie Leibovitz. The Make Yourself team will consist of 7 female athletes across all sports. Tennis players Maria Sharapova and Li Na, track-and-field stars Allyson Felix and Perri Shakes-Drayton, soccer’s Hope Solo, dancer Sofia Boutella, and surfer Laura Enever who will all appear in group and individual portraits. Amazing![WWD]
“Women’s training is a key category for us,” said Nike spokesman Derek Kent. “What we wanted to do was really put a spotlight on women’s training and all the extra effort they have to do to be the best in their respective sports.”
4. Kate Moss changes her wedding day and sends her guests into frenzy. We can imagine great Kate's wedding guest list is cluttered with high fashion's royalty, but the date shift and vague details on the invitation is causing some guests to freak out.
An anonymous invitee complained, "Friday is a strange day to ask us to keep free when everyone believed it was a Saturday and a weekend away." [Jezebel]
5. Looks like the nautical theme is here to stay kids! The YSL Cruise 2012 collection looks to continue the aquatic-trend into next year. [Fashionista]
6. Kanye West plans to finally release his clothing line. Remember Pastelle, which was supposed to happen like 2 years ago? Well forget that, this is slated for Spring/Summer 2012 release. Based off of his luxe-fashion friendships and associates, and judging from the art & detail behind his shows, one can expect this line to be amazing. This might be a very successful line due to his reputation within the fashion world and ever-changing style choices. Who could forget him rocking Céline's Spring 2011 at Coachella. [StyleCaster]
7. Really sad news: LRG co-founder Jonas Bevacqua was found dead, he was only 34. Authorities discovered his body in his Laguna Beach home. His body showed no obvious signs of the cause of death. Our condolences to his family, friends & LRG. [HuffPost]
8. Gwyneth Paltrow finally joins twitter! Hollywood actress, active mom, occasional singer and rapper, Goop blogger, and...now social media aficionado. She just opened accounts on Facebook and Twitter. [Fashionista]
10. Menswear brand Jack Robie launched their summer 2011 collection online today. Their summer collection features bold and colorful fabrics with an updated fit. It consists of 12 summer-inspired casual styles along with 3 classic dress styles. Perfect for the summer and priced from $95, their summer collection is available online at JackRobie.