There's a whole heap of fashion news today from Vera Wang for David Bridal; Kate Moss' wedding will be one big concert; Jil Sander for Uniqlo is over, Azzedine Alaia's disses Karl Lagerfeld and Anna Wintour and much more. It's all in today's fashion files!!
1. Vera Wang's Bridesmaids Collection for David's Bridal is finally here! If you're anything like me you have a good amount of weddings coming up to attend or take part in. This bridal collaboration is so amazing it may ease the wrath of any bridezilla. [NYMag]
2. Jil Sander's upcoming collection for Uniqlo will be it! And as in it, I mean finito. The designer's next Fall/Winter 2011 +J line will be its last with Uniqlo. Which is a shame because aside from the pieces being well-made, chic and affordable, last year she announced that she would be continuing her +J line indefinitely. [TheCut]
3. While we're on Jil Sander, here's a look at the vibrant Fall/Winter ad campaign. [Fashionista]
4. Who knew designer Azzedine Alaia had so much fire within him! He basically has slammed Anna Wintour and Karl Lagerfeld for reasons we don't know. [HuffPost]
His thoughts on Karl Lagerfeld:
I don't like his fashion, his spirit, his attitude. It's too much caricature. Karl Lagerfeld never touched a pair of scissors in his life.
He isn't afraid of Anna Wintour either.
She runs the business (Vogue) very well, but not the fashion part. When I see how she is dressed, I don't believe in her tastes one second. I can say it loudly! She hasn't photographed my work in years even if I am a best seller in the U.S. and I have 140 square meters at Barneys. American women love me; I don't need her support at all. Anna Wintour doesn't deal with pictures; she is just doing PR and business, and she scares everybody. But when she sees me, she is the scared one. [Laughs.] Other people think like me, but don't say it because they are afraid that Vogue won't photograph them. Anyway, who will remember Anna Wintour in the history of fashion? No one.
5. The courageous Coco Rocha has taken a stand against Photoshop. As the face of Canadian fashion brand Jacob, there will be a "no retouching policy" for their Fall 2011 campaign. Maybe this will spark a trend in other designer campaigns?? [Oh-So-Coco]
6. Check out supermodel Claudia Schiffer as the new face of Chanel Eyewear! The collection includes styles from aviators, clear frames and daring butterfly frames. [StyleCaster]
7. In Resort Collection News: Take a look at some of the brilliant Alexander McQueen Resort 2012 collection. Amazing! [Fashionolgie]
And here's a first look at Cynthia Rowley Resort 2012! [StyleCaster]
8. Here's a preview for Banana Republic's Mad Men collection! For more looks from the collection, check out>> [Racked]
9. Kate Moss' wedding will be more of a private music festival than actual ceremony. Her wedding's already being called Mossstock, catchy. She's reportedly requested Snoop Dogg, Lady Gaga, Beth Ditto and the Rolling Stones to perform. [Styleite]
10. Lauren Conrad adds another position to her already burgeoning list of duties. The Hills alum will be contributing to the Forbes Lifestyle section. [Racked]