Lady Gaga grows 2 extra heads for the cover of V magazine, no black models walked for Chanel Resort show but 46 year old Kristen McMenamy did, Oprah's last makeover show ever, John Galliano could face up to 6 months in jail and much more!
1. Triple-headed Lady Gaga on the cover of V Magazine. 1st images of Lady Gaga butterfly-themed face gracing V mag were released yesterday but word is that it was only a snippet of the mag's complete Lady G cover. Aside from moving to Farmville, Pop's reigning queen described her almost ESP-like talent for fashion.
"I myself can look at almost any hemline, silhouette, beadwork, or heel architecture and tell you very precisely who designed it first, what French painter they stole it from, and how many designers reinvented it after them, and what cultural and musical movement parented the birth, death, and resurrection of that particular trend."
Well, well, well. [Fashionista]
2. No black models walked in Chanel's Resort show. In fact, no black models walked in the label's resort show last year, the fall 2011 show, the spring 2011 couture show, or the pre-fall 2011 show. Also out of the mix was plus-sized model Crystal Renn who famously walked at last year's resort runway show. [TheCut]
3. Speaking of Chanel, 46 year old Kristen McMenamy rocked resort B&W one-piece and strutted her fab body in Monday's show. She also recently covered Vogue Italia in a bikini! How is she 46? [HuffPost]
4. Oprah's last-ever makeover extravaganza happens today! She's bringing together fashion legends Michael Kors, Diane Von Furstenberg and Tory Burch as a grand finale to her famous makeover specials. [Oprah]
5. John Galliano could face 6 months in prison if found guilty. Its been announced that his trial date is set for June 22nd in France. If he's found convicted of public insults based on origin, religious affiliation, race or ethnicity, he may spend up to 6 months in prison, in addition to in euro22,500 ($31,000) fines. [HuffPost]
6. Legendary photographer, Gene Lemuel believed in a young Kate Moss star power before she even had it. Terry Richardson's favorite photog shares details about his early encounters with a young Kate Moss.
"She was pretty young and innocent at the time, but even then there was a knowingness, a cunning. It was compelling. And she had this unbelievable poise, too—when I shot her, I took some pictures of her getting out of a cab, and the way she holds herself, you’d figure she was already rich and famous. She just seemed like a star." [Style]
7. Asian models are on the rise! Top Asian models pose for V magazine "The Asian Issue", which will hit news stands today! Some of the models gracing the mag are Tao Okamoto, Liu Wen, Fei Fei Sun and Shu Pei. Ten percent of all sales will be put toward disaster relief in the wake of the catastrophic earthquake and tsunami in Japan. [HuffPost]
8. The Council of Fashion Designers (CFDA) has a Tumblr!
And so does Prabal Gurung!
9. Kelly Bensimon's DIY hair martinis. What is a hair martini actually? Real Housewife of NY socialite made a cocktail for her mane, recorded the process and uploaded it onto youtube for your viewing pleasure. Is this her version of the Skinny Girl margarita for hair? [Jezebel]
10. We guess there's truth to the rumors about an All-Star season of American Next Top Model. The list for the 14 past notable contestants was just released online. André Leon Talley will also judge this season. [TheCut]
11. Thinking of breast augmentation? Wondering how you would look? Well there's an app for that. iAugment was created by New Orleans-based plastic surgeon, Dr. Elizabeth Kinsley. The iPhone app allows women (or men) to envision their chest post-op without having to go under the knife. You can choose from a range of 17 different implant sizes from 210cc to 690cc. [Stylelist]