We take a look at the wackiest fashions from the Couture runways and peek backstage, dissect Vanity Fair's "Hollywood" issue, check out some hotties and sexy nuns, drool over boots and January photo spreads, and learn just how randomly Chloe Sevigny was discovered. Are you ready? Let's go!
1. Wow! Spring Couture's Most Outrageous looks![Stylelist]
2. To see a back stage, behind the scenes look at how these shows come together, take a look at these images. [HuffPo]
3. Karl Lagerfeld has been tapped by Diego Della Valle to do an encore as guest designer at Hogan. Lagerfeld’s second collection for the Tod’s Group brand will be even broader, spanning shoes, ready-to-wear and accessories in two moods: sporty and urban. [WWD]
4. Vanity Fair's "Hollywood" issue is out. Let's take a look: [NYPost]
Questions everyone is sure to ask: 1) Why so safe and yet so random? 2) Where are the rest of the non-white people? 3) Why is Rashida Jones feeding a baby tiger behind her back? I just want to know, seriously, who out there is an Anne Hathaway fan? Why does she keep getting lauded by the masses?
5. Man Candy! Take a look at the hotties posing for the VMAN Ford Model Search. [Refinery29]
6. How Andrea Linett discovered Chloe Sevigny while at Sassy :
"I was the stylist for the Jane Pratt Show [Sassy Editor-in-Chief Jane Pratt's talk show]. So we were shooting a commercial for the TV show and I saw Chloe at a newsstand and I said to the producers, "We have to put that girl in the commercial." And they said, "Oh no. She's weird." And I said, "No you don't get it; she's amazing." So I went up to her and I asked her and she sad, "Well, I'm actually cutting school. I live in Connecticut." So she was playing hooky. So we put her in the commercial. [HuffPo]
7. NY Mag's The Cut takes a look at the best and worst of January fashion mags. Even the worst are stunning. [The Cut]
8. Here's a sneak peak at past CDFA/Vogue Fashion Fund winner Sophie Theallet's capsule collection for Nine West. [StyleList]
9. The latest from Chanel’s Spring/Summer 2011 collection includes sunglasses complete with real quilted leather….and a mirror. People are going to do blow off of these. [Nylon]
10. Gaga's meat dress has started a trend of making clothing out of food.
"Food can be very surreal if you take it out of context," says Barneys New York creative ambassador Simon Doonan, citing paintings of eggs and sculptures of bread by Salvador Dali. "Food is something we have very preconceived notions of what it should be and what function it should be serving." [WSJ]
11. Nicole Colovos and her husband, Michael, are gearing up for the first collection of Helmut Lang bags to hit the stores since they took over the label in 2006. [NYT]
12. Rachel Zoe's former slave Brad Goreski will be doing some styling for Kate Spade's fall 2011 presentation during New York Fashion Week next month. [Styleite]
13. In other Kate Spade news, the brand recently tried out a month-long pop-up shop in a Georgian town house in London's Covent Garden. That house is the scene of a sweet, twee new video commissioned from the music video director Kinga Burza.
14. Adorable or sickly sweet? Barrettes are back. They're being shown by Prabal Gurung, Cynthia Rowley, Carolina Herrera, and Rodarte. [WSJ]
15. W Mag is firing back at Kim Kardashian's public questioning whether her nude cover was art or porn. You can read her comments HERE. From W:
"In keeping in line with the theme of W Magazine’s November Art Issue, Kim Kardashian’s cover was conceived as an artistic collaboration with well-known artist Barbara Kruger, and was a meditation on the influence that reality TV has on contemporary culture." [The Cut]
16. Speaking of celebs, Emily Blunt has gone blonde. Thoughts? [UsMag]
17. Camilla Morton's “Christian Lacroix and the Tale of Sleeping Beauty,” the first of what will be a series of fantasy designer biographies (Manolo Blahnik and the tale of the elves is up next), is the story of Beauty, a starry-eyed princess condemned to wearing bland sack dresses. The below pic is by Christian. [NYT]
18. How could a pair of jeans cost $600. There's actually a reason. Here's the breakdown. [Styleite]
19. Trend: Wide leg trousers! Here are some of the most stylish pairs. [Fashionologie]
20. No news. I'm just obsessing. D&G boots that you could never wear in NYC winter for fear of ruining.[Bloomingdales]
21. Shot by Marc Hom, Jessica Hart and Lydia Hearst come together as some seriously sinful nuns. Breast-baring and smoking, these pics define religious contradiction.[Trendhunter]
23. Openings: A NARS boutique will open February 10 at 413 Bleecker Street in NYC’s West Village. [Fashionista] Tommy Hilfiger, in collaboration with Preppy Handbook author Lisa Burnbach, has built an 800 square foot “traveling beach cottage,” set to open for one week in NYC on April 28 before traveling to Paris, Amsterdam, Milan, Stockholm, Madrid, Belgium, and Tokyo. [Fashionista]
24. Japanese kids no longer care about labels. Just give them the cheap stuff! [WWD]
25. And in conclusion a question: Which of these is more awesome:
Kingston [CastlesRising] or...
The lovely Helena Bonham Carter? [ThePoorDancingGirl]
Sorry, comments are currently unavailable
Thursday, December 12
Click through for some great insider tips from the \"Swoon\" master herself.