The CFDA Awards ruled the night, but hardly any female designers were nominated; Forever21 sues a blogger; the next Naomi; Ricardo Tisci talks love; resort collections are here; LVMH plans to open up to the public and much more in today's fashion files!
1. The CFDA Awards came and went! Well, one fashion's biggest nights took place last night in NYC. The talk is all about the fashions; who wore what and who's best dressed? From Lady Gaga's custom Mugler gown & studden thong to the awesome & stylish coordination of the Olsen Twins, the looks from last night made for a memorable awards gala. [GofG]
2. Speaking of the CFDA Awards, there is some controversy swarming regarding the lack of female nominees & winners for designer-related awards. Jewelry designer, Pamela Love and The Row designers Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen were the only women nominated for awards amongst the sea of male nominees. What's up with that? [Styleite]
3. Retail giant vs. blogger Rachel Kane. In the age of retail blogger collaborations, Forever21 does the opposite. They are planning a huge lawsuit against blogger of site, WTForever21. The blog is obviously in the realm of satire and its actually very funny. If only Forever21 could take a joke. They are giving her until June 10th to remove it. [Daily News]
"More than 333,000 views and countless LOLs later, I am employed again but forced with the painful reality of sinking the community and life raft that kept me afloat through tough times last year, all because of an irate bully who can't take a joke," she told Consumerist.com.
4. LVMH plans to open its doors to the public. No, really they do. Conglomerate of all things luxury, LVMH, will share their distilleries and ateliers across Europe. The open days are October 15th & 16th and the public will be able to view via ad campaign set to launch on June 20th. [VogueDaily]
5. She's already being compared to Naomi Campbell. After recently covering ELLE Canada's July Issue, Herieth Paul is being pegged as the next Naomi. We're sure Naomi's thrilled to hear that news. [HuffPost]
6. Its Resort collection galore! Check out the newest resort collections, from Michael Kors, YSL, Herve Leger, Jason Wu, Donna Karan and more! [TheCut]
7. Ricardo Tisci opens up about his love for women, music and his mom. Givenchy's Creative Director opened up in a recent interview to share his admirations. No clue on why he has a bloody nose for the article's photo. He discussed the Dior rumor mill though. [StyleCaster]
"Sincerely, I feel sorry for John. But for this moment I am leaving aside all the gossip of “I am going here, I am going there,” because there is a lot of gossip cir- culating and there always will be. I will tell you, in this moment, I am very happy at Givenchy and it is a moment in which I am bringing the game to the next level. So I tell you, I feel at home. It’s as if it were my son. I don’t know how to explain it. It would be very difficult for me to leave."
8. Which American designer did this Lucky Charms commercial as a young lad? Guess. [HuffPost]
9. The Vogue intern turned designer, Katie Ermilio was recently highlighted by T Magazine. The former Vogue and Teen Vogue intern discussed her style influence, clothing line and its following around the offices at Vogue. Her clothing line is available on Shopbop. [T Magazine]
10. Check out this cool jewelry! Its the Fresh Air Fund Collection, made by jewelry designer Daria de Koning. The collection was created to benefit the Fresh Air Fund and their Salute to American Heroes. For more information about the jewelry collection, visit Daria de Koning.