Fashion has a brand new set of "It Girls," VMan will pay you to pick up the mag, Brooks Brothers marks up their prices, Another Magazine gets designer cake, Nigel Barker has a few words for Kim Kardashian, shopping sites take a turn for the bizarre and there are lots and lots of crave-worthy pretty things out there. Let's take a look.
1. Buy the newest issue of VMan, which has Kanye West as photographed by Karl Lagerfeld on the cover. Here's some added incentive. Some mags are being stuffed with money! [Racked]
2. Fashion's new "It Girls." Do you agree? I'm a big fan of Cara Delevingne's style. [Fashionista]
3. Brooks Brothers has inked a deal with Levi’s to start selling their iconic 501 jeans. They'll be charging $148 per pair, whereas typical 501s are sold for $60-100. [BlackBook] The WSJ first reported this last week.
4. Glamour's new fashion editor Anne Christensen is bringing the mag in a new direction. There are 17% more fashion pages and they are starting a Tumblr. They also just launched their Young and Posh network. [WWD]
5. Michael Kors gave an introspective interview to a newspaper in Montreal:
We have (women) in their late 30s. Blake Lively wears Michael Kors and Barbara Walters wears Michael Kors. I think it's good to see variety of height, age, body shapes, but it's still exemplary, and it's still about a fantasy and a dream. I think we have to avoid underage girls. [Leader Post]
6. Nicole Richie's House of Harlow 1960 and Winter Kate is up on Gilt now. The sale ends Sunday at midnight. [Gilt]
7. Full Frontal fashion has a new interview with the Ace Hotel's Alex Calderwood. [FFF]
8. Kim Kardashian fragrance vid coming soon. Sigh. @KimKardashian So excited, Rachel Zoe is styling me for a fun new video for my fragrance!
9. Here are Kate Moss's and Lea T's solo Love covers. [Modelina]
10. Inside, VS Angel Alessandra Ambrosio gets plasti-ified. [Racked]
11. A television commercial for Yves Saint Laurent's Belle D'Opium fragrance has been banned from British screens after the country's Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) determined "the woman's actions simulated drug use, and therefore concluded it was irresponsible and unacceptable for broadcast. [Daily Mail]
12. A close look at Paz de la Huerta's lipstick. Click if you dare. [GoFugYourself]
13. Noted fashion photographer Nigel Barker has weighed in on the whole Kim Kardashian W mag porn vs art kerfuffle:
"I thought it was daring of her. I thought she actually looked amazing, and I was surprised how little they retouched her," Barker told us. "I thought that was refreshing. I immediately thought, when I heard it, that I was going to check these out and they'd look like silk or something, and be retouched to oblivion. But, no, there she was, and you could see little goosebumps on her bottom, and all the rest of it. And I was like, 'Okay. Great.' It was cool. It's back to what photography is about — we're not trying to be animators. We're meant to be photographers. The fantasy should not be a computer game."[TheCut]
14. Speaking of W, Editor-in-Chief Stefano Tonchi will marry his partner of 25 years, David Maupin, in an intimate ceremony in Massachusetts on Friday. They're reportedly expecting twins via a surrogate this summer. Congrats! [NYP]
15. To celebrate Another Magazine’s 10 year anniversary in February, ten of the world’s major fashion houses have each designed their ultimate fantasy cake.
16. Ryan O'Neal has donated Farrah Fawcett's iconic red swimsuit to the Smithsonian in Washington. [HuffPo]
17. Ann Taylor‘s going Ivy League. The brand's looking to cast five students from Columbia University to model for their online lookbook. [Fashionista]
18. Struggling to figure out how to be warm and look sexy? Some inspiration. [Grazia]
19. The new snuggie? The Wrap-a-Nap (WAN) is billed as a pillow, blindfold, and earmuff, perfect for helping you catch some zzzs during your work day. [Refinery29]
20. Happy V-Day from Urban Outfitters. The brand is launching a bridal boutique on Feb 14. Would you buy your dress from there? [HuffPo]
21. Banana Republic made a short film featuring Angela Lindvall and Jamie Dornan that will actually be hitting theaters. Here's a sneak peek. [StyleList]
22. DJ, producer, and MIA ex-boyfriend, Diplo, is in the new Alexander Wang ads. [Styleite]
23. Daisy Lowe would like more curves please.
"My dream is to see a lot more female shapes in ad campaigns when I look through magazines...my friend was working with Crystal Renn and said she thinks she's only got a 38-inch hip. Karl Lagerfeld said he was going to embrace her womanly shape and then he just put her face on the ad campaign. Girls are starting to have tits in pictures, but I think it still needs to be about the curve... Real women have hips and an arse, yet loads of models in shows seem to have neither."
24. Introducing the 11 weirdest online designer shops. [TheHighLow]
25. From this month's Vogue: [CocoChic]
26. The new Wang Kirsten. It's always good to dream...[TheVieSociety]