The dark side of feather hair extensions; cheap but fashionable sunglasses, sunglasses for a good cause; Vogue Italia talks plus sized; Karl Lagerfeld releases his glass wares; Pippa Middleton loses a best bootie contest and more. It's all here in today's Fashion Files!
1. There is a dark side to feather hair extensions. Ladies are buying up those bait things with the feathers from fishing shops and thus pissing off those who want to actually catch their dinner. Mildly annoying, but not terrible. But get this, those feathers in your and Ke$ha and Steven Tyler's hair actually come from the chicken's ass! And they have to be killed for it! A farmer tells the Seattle Times that they kill more than 1,500 roosters each week and still can't keep up with salon demand. [SeattleTimes]
2. Vogue Italia editor-in-chief Franca Sozzani talks about her glossy's June cover, which features a trio of plus-size models. Although she is a champion of plus size, she isn't optimistic about the industry. [TheCut]
Do you think plus-size models will ever get the same work and at the same rate as straight-size models? No, I don't think so, because for the moment -- and we never know, you know? -- but for the moment I don't think we'll see the same proportion [of plus-size models as straight-size models]. Just like we don't see the same proportion of white and black girls.
3. Chloe Sevigny showed off her new resort line for Opening Ceremony. It's predictably adorbs! [TMag]
4. Zac Posen has also released his resort looks. It's worth going on a vacation just to show these off. [Style]
5. Gap has confirmed Diane von Furstenberg’s pint-sized collaboration with the brand. She will be designing for both GapKids and babyGap. [Styleite]
6. Need a pair of cool sunglasses for the summer but aren't prepared to drop $200 on something you will probably lose in a week. Check out these cheap, but undeniably fashionable choices. [Refinery29]
7. If you are ready to shell out, Tom's Shoes —best-known for fabric footwear that helps out charity model—is now making sunglasses from $135 to $145 a pair. [Racked]
8. Pippa Middleton lost the "Rear of the Year" title in the U.K.to a 50-year-old TV presenter. [TheCut]
9. Jeffrey Campbell is suing Forever21 for copying SIX pairs of his shoes. [CocoPerez]
10. First it was Coke, then there was Magnum ice cream, and now Karl Lagerfeld has teamed up with glassware brand Orrefors for a new collection.[Vogue]