American Apparel shocker; Prada goes public; Gaga hasn't sold her soul, but she sells her thorns; Karl Lagerfeld takes you behind the scenes of the 2012 Chanel Prestige Collection; the famous gowns of Princess Diana are auctioned; Rachel Bilson directs the style of Sunglass Hut and more in today's Fashion Files!!!
1. American Apparel ad's stuns once again, with children. Dov Charney ditches scantily clad women to turn his tricks, and turns to breakdancing children to get the job done in AA's newest ad. Child breakdancers Jalen Testerman and Angelo Baligad headspin against a skyline backdrop. [Styleite]
3.Gaga's Crown of Thorns on sale. The prickly headpiece seen in her religiously controversial 'Judas' music video is up for grabs on eBay for $18k. [Stylecaster]
4. Karl Lagerfeld offers a unique behind the scenes look at the 2012 Chanel Prestige Collection eyewear. Chanel is taking their eyewear back-to-the-basics with the addition of signature Chanel chains, known for being featured on the handbags, onto the sunnies! The video shows Lagerfeld vigorously sketching away at his next masterpiece. The video takes you through the creation process of the specs, from design to its intricate assembly. [Racked]
5. Princess Diana's dresses to be auctioned at Waddington's Auction House. The collection includes Princess Di's gown worn to the 1985 State Dinner at the White House, famously named The "John Travolta" after she danced with the actor. [Vogue]
6. Naomi Campbell designs denim and t-shirt line for Italian label Fiorruci. The supermodel joins the ranks of her fellow catwalkers as she designs her own line. [VogueUK]
7. Rachel Bilson named "Traveling Model Blogger" of Sunglass Hut. The actress serves as ambassador, visionary, and now blogger of the eyewear company. [WWD]