The hysteria over Kate Middleton's wedding dress continues, Cate Blanchett's questionable T magazine cover, Karl Lagerfeld's paper passion fragrance, Olivia Palermo gets a photo spread, the race for Dior's John Galliano replacement, Vera Wang's affordable line of wedding gowns are here and much more.
1. The hysteria over the soon-to-be Princess Kate Middleton's wedding dress builds and builds as the days to the Royal Wedding decrease. Fashion designer Sophie Cranston of Libélula, is a new name recently thrown into mixing pot of potential designers for the Royal Wedding gown. Fun facts: she's a former designer for Alexander McQueen and Temperley London. [VogueUK]
2. Cate Blanchett and her big smile is making people nervous. The Hollywood actress graces the cover of T Magazine with her blonde hair desheveled and a big smile across her face. Does she looks a bit crazed? What is it about this cover? Does she resemble someone other than herself? You almost want to squint your eyes to try and understand the vision behind the styled look. [HuffPost]
3. Karl Lagerfeld's set to release Paper Passion. The fragrance is inspired by the scent of books. Will the fragrance smell like vanilla-hinted sheets of paper? Or paper that came from rich mahogany? Hopefully it won't smell like the paper in borrowed textbooks or library books. [BellaSugar]
4. Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen has been added to the ongoing list of designers rumored to replace John Galliano. Already on the list are Riccardo Tisci, Tom Ford, Hedi Slimane, Olivier Theyskens, Nicolas Ghesquière, Alber Elbaz, Haider Ackermann, Prabal Gurung, and now Sarah Burton. [theCut]
5. First image of Vera Wang's lower-priced wedding gowns hit the web. The newer and more affordable line of wedding gowns will fall under her White by Vera Wang line. Stepping into the "wallet-friendly" fashion arena was all a part of Wang's plans following her gown line for David's Bridal. She states that "we’re growing gradually as a business and we are in a good place. We’re in a very solid position and we’re trying to build on that consistency and creativity. It definitely has not been the easiest of times since two and half years ago when the market went down and the world went with it. Other designers might not tell you that, but it’s the truth.” [WWD]
6. LC launches new beauty and lifestyle site The Beauty Department. While manning Allure's facebook, Allure's May cover girl recently announced the launch of her beauty site. The site states: "This is a site for anyone who’s ever had a beauty question or gotten into a fight with a hair brush and lost. We’ll be covering all kinds of hair+makeup how-to’s, nail trends, skin issues, tools, current obsessions & inspirations, as well as countless quick tips." [Fashionista]
7. Olivia Palermo gets profiled by StyleCaster and Patrick McMullan. The socialite, reality television star and designer looks beautiful in the 10 page spread. Palermo describes that her personal style "has evolved over the years, but I have always stayed true to my own personal style, which I would describe as timeless classic with a modern edge. And, of course for me it’s all about accessorizing." [StyleCaster]
8. Kimora Lee Simmons wants the world to know that she's not anorexic. On a mission to put rumors about her eating habits to rest due to being misquoted in a Popeater article, she let out fiery statements defending herself and 25 lb weight loss. [Stylelist]
9. Dr. Martens launches a clothing line to go with your combat boots. The collection is an array of minimalist, modern and youthful-utilitarian looks, complete with requisite striped-tees and slouchy sweatshirts. Set to capitalize off of the popularity of Docs combat boots, thanks to Daria dvds and Agyness Deyn, the collection is available today in stores and online. [Racked]
10. Dolce & Gabbana's spring line lands 42 magazine covers and counting. [Fashionista]
Sorry, comments are currently unavailable
Friday, March 7
Sean MacPherson took some time out to chat with us about his new restaurant, so click through to find out why we\'re calling Margaux your new go-to in NYC.