Paris wraps up the men's runway shows, Couture's going strong with romantic pieces from Chanel, Olivia Wilde hits Armani Prive, DVF has a skiing mishap, the trailer for the documentary on Bill Cunningham is released, Megan Fox bares her back, Prada turns to cartoons, Carine Roitfeld says farewell to French Vogue and much, much more. Let's jump in.
1. Karl Lagerfeld sent out what the NY Times is heralding a collection full of "romance, delicacy and modernity," for Chanel. It's full of rococo styles, shimmering embellishments, and ballet shoes. [NYT]
2. Brand ambassadors Inès de la Fressange, Diane Kruger, Vanessa Paradis, Anna Mouglalis, Baptiste Giabiconi and Gaspard Ulliel joined celebrity guests including Jerry Hall, Pedro Almodovar, Alexa Chung, Kirtsen Dunst and Janelle Monae in the front row. [WWD]
3. Meanwhile, Giorgio Armani Prive sent down some futuristic, sci-fi looks. [Focus On Style]
5. Givenchy showed a pretty ancient warrior/Devo look using all Asian models. [Style.com]
6. In case you missed the Dior show, here's the video: [Vogue]
7. Diane von Furstenberg was flown to a hospital after a man ran into her while skiing in Aspen.
“Barry [Diller] and I were skiing happily,” she e-mailed. “Some Brazilian man, who could not ski, lost control and went straight at me, hitting me badly on my face and ribs (with his camera). I went to the emergency room and then flew to UCLA. I look like Mike Tyson on his worst fight. Broken nose and some light facial fractures. At home in L.A. now waiting to heal. Will be staying here the week because I have my children and grandkids. I guess it could have been worse…but it does NOT look pretty.” With New York Fashion Week on the horizon, she added: “Thank god I have Yvan Mispelaere in the sample room.” [WWD]
8. Would you pay $42,000 for this LV patchwork bag? Here's a round up of the world's most expensive purses. [The Gloss]
9. The top five most ridiculous quotes from Tom Ford's interview in Interview Mag. They are all pretty sexist from
"I’m an equal-opportunity objectifier…I’m sorry, I don’t understand why our culture both worships and objectifies beauty, and then slams those of us who participate in it,"
"I think gay men make better designers." [Fashionista]
10. Santigold has teamed up with Vans for her own sneaker featuring full-grain leather, faux gold chains, and a custom removable SG gold pin created by Jules Kim of Bijules. They'll be in stores next month. [Refnery29]
11. Remember those crazy amazing baroque cartoon-like sunglasses from Prada’s spring 2011 collection? Well, Prada is producing a limited run of 500 pairs of the fantastical eyewear to be sold in stores.
12. Waste, the H&M collection made of leftover fabrics from the Lanvin collab will only be available in one store per country. For our nation, that store is the flagship on Fifth Avenue and 51st Street. Suck it LA! [Recessionista]
13. Linda Fargo, the Women's Fashion Director at Bergdorf Goodman is holding a contest via Polyvore for one lucky stylist to make all her sartorial decisions for her this coming Fashion Week. Could it be you? [Polyvore]
15. UK-based designer Kyle Bean specializes in “hand crafted models, prop styling and art direction.”He is now making paper watches. [Styleite]
16. Alexa Chung's tuxedo dress: adorable or disgusting? [FabSugar]
17. Thomas Sires has opened a store in Nolita at 243 Elizabeth Street, between Prince and Houston.[Daily Candy]
18. All Saints Spring/Summer 2011 Look Book is out. The pieces are predictably cool and wearable. [HighSnobette]
19. The newest must have accessories across the pond: royal wedding themed gloves! [Telegraph]
20. Bill Cunningham was the first fashion photographer to document street style. The trailer is out for a new documentary on him, Bill Cunningham New York. Anna Wintour gives an interview. The film opens at Film Forum March 16.
22. In related news: Kardashian silly bandz. [BuzzFeed]
23. Fred Flare is making designer ring pops in the shape of a heart. The rings are $14 each, and you can eat them or wear them. [Nylon]
24. Carine Roitfeld last official French Vogue fete is tonight! Tweets
25. Derek must have gotten some sleep since the Dior Homme party. [Purple Diary]
28. The Club Monaco on Prince Street transformed from a daytime store to an after-hours venue to celebrate their new look book by Ryan McGinley. The evening featured live music by Domino Kirke, who was also featured in the campaign, and the young duo the Flash Times, who provided the soundtrack to the behind-the-scenes campaign video. [Fashionista]
29. NY Mag has the latest shows from 3.1 Phillip Lim, Acne, and Ann Demeulemeester. [NyMag]
30. And finally, bad grammar is so on trend right now. [Jezebel]