Le Baron is finally opening on Sunday (UPDATE: not happening), a man sexually assaulted a woman at Le Bain, Chelsea Handler is on the hunt for new talent, Jay-Z's 40/40 Club is open for business, Pink Elephant will reopen once again, Avicii is coming to town, Diddy is buying the Surf Lodge (?!?) and more on today's nightlife news round up!
1. Le Baron finally gave a opening date, and it's this Sunday! After nearly two years of rumors, interviews, permits, and liquor licenses, nightlife impresario Andre Saraiva has finally gotten his act together, giving New York's most buzzed-about nightclub an opening date. [GofG]
UPDATE: @LEBARONFAMILY tweeted: Nope, not sunday! But we'll let you know as soon as we are open! RT @mtommasiello: @LEBARONFAMILY FINALLY OPENS IN NEW YORK SUNDAY!
3. Rumor has it that Chelsea Handler is looking for new talent for her two shows on E!, "Chelsea Lately" and "Are You There Chelsea?". A self proclaimed nympho, she will be scouring up-and-coming comedians at comedy clubs this weekend in New York City, including Comedy Cellar. [NY Post]
5. Lavo NYC is sponsoring a $50,000 meet and greet with DJ Avicii for Monday, January 23, 2012. The bidding starts at $10,000 on E-bay, however there is the option to "Buy Now" for $50,000. So far no one has bid, but if any eager Avicii fans have an extra $50,000 lying around, make sure you bid now.
6. @nynightlife tweeted that Pink Elephant will be making a comeback, this time in the Village. Let's see how this pans out...
"Heard from a few sources Pink Elephant will reopen in the former Club Love space on W. 8th and Macdougal."
UPDATE: Apparently it will be named 40 Thieves, not Pink Elephant. I know you are all so disappointed.
7. Speaking of @NYNightlife, check out this video he made of "Shit Promoters Say"
... and just for fun, here's our personal favorite, "Shit New Yorkers Say"
8. Chef Michael Anthony returns to Gramercy Tavern after open-heart surgery.
Anthony says, "I've been back in the kitchen for the last two weeks and I'm starting to feel like I'm fully recovered. It's been gradual but I'm actively leading the kitchen again." [Paper]
9. Diddy may be buying the Surf Lodge in Montauk. Yes, you read that correctly. The rap mogul, famous for his East Hampton "white parties" might be heading out even further east. So now we've got hipsters, surfers, and Diddy. Story developing. [GofG]
10. Lucky Cheng's is saying au revoir to the East Village. The Asian-themed drag queen hot spot will be moving to 240 West 52nd Street, and have designer Richie Rich selling his new fashion line in the space. [TheLocal]
Sorry, comments are currently unavailable
Monday, March 10
Sean MacPherson took some time out to chat with us about his new restaurant, so click through to find out why we\'re calling Margaux your new go-to in NYC.