So let's not even touch Le Baron. Ok ok, we can't resist... Rumor has it that tonight is the night. In other nightlife news, Lavo continues to find Love in a Hopeless Place (the Upper East Side), Cielo turns 9 (or 100 in nightlife years) this Saturday, the Aussies are entering the LES, and everyone else is off at Sundance having an amazing time, apparently.
1. Le Baron, Le Grand Opening. We feel like we have been down this road before. Nevertheless, Le Baron is definitely, (maybe) launching via a private party tonight. You can stake your standing and credibility on NYC's social barometer on whether you got the invite or not. If not, no worries - just put your party pants in storage, indefinitely.
Insiders suggest the doors will open tonight, with the club entertaining a privileged few up until Fashion Week, when it will be open to the public. Whatever. (Secretly we are still keen for le grande opening, but outwardly we are over the endless banter on when and who will be invited.) [@TheMiszuk]
[Le Baron Paris, Photo via]
2. Lavo keeps it coming. Uptown kids braved the rain to come hear Paris Hilton's rumored latest squeeze, DJ Afrojack, spin. Check out that long line. Also, why no Afro Afrojack? [NYNightlife]
3. Cielo celebrates its 9th year open, epically long in nightlife years and likely down to owner and DJ Nicolas Matar's unfailingly ability to connect with patrons. As the resident DJ at Pacha in Ibiza from 1993-2001, we bet Matar has seen everything and then some. It's sure to be a memorable anniversary at the club tomorrow night. [GofG]
[Nicolas Matar, Photo via]
4. The Ruby's/Kingswood crew are opening a new venue! We're excited for Aussie boys Lincoln Pilcher, Nick Mathers and Nick Hatsatouris. Apparently the guys are taking over the Little Giant space in the Lower East Side. [TheMiszuk]
[Lincoln Pilcher, Photo via]
5. Last night Southside held their annual Australia Day bash, speaking of the downtown Aussie invasion. Apparently the club is still recovering from the revelry but the collateral damage was worth it...
6. No nightclub for the The Standard East Village. Hot shot hotelier Andre Balazs says his soon to open Standard outpost in the East Village will not include a nightclub. Crushing the hopes of everyone anticipating a new Boom Boom... [Grub Street]
[Andre Balazs, Photo via]