Pink Elephant reopened last night, No. 8, the new Bugalow 8, quietly opened this week, the roof of the Nomad will open for the summer next week, Scott Disck's newest restaurant, RYU, is now accepting reservations, and much more in today's Nightlife News Round Up!
[Photo: Bungalow 8]
1. Pink Elephant reopened on MacDougal and 8th Street last night. The space has been redesigned to offer a new dance floor and will stay open longer. [GofG]
2. The new Bungalow 8, called No. 8, quietly opened this week for friends and family. Guests included Zoe Saldana, Mary Alice Stephenson, Alexis Bittar, and Prabal Gurung. [NYDailyNews] [BusinessInsider]
MaryAliceStephenson (@MARYALICESTYLE) tweeted:
And THANK YOU @AmySacco for taking such good care of us at your amazing new pad #8! It's so yummy, chic & cool! LOVE YOU!
3. The roof of the Nomad will begin service for the summer on June 9th. The Nomad's duo, Daniel Humm and Will Guidara, have been preparing all spring making sure each feature is immaculate. With the wondrous views of the Empire State Building, guests can enjoy the menu seven nights a week. [Eater]
4. Scott Disick's newest restaurant, RYU, is now open to the public after seating only friends and family last month. The new Japanese restaurant is located in the heart of the Meatpacking District and the menu is one of the priciest in the neighborhood. A cocktail is $35 and the Wagyu rib eye for two is $125. Get ready for an exclusive and expensive experience. [Gothamist]
5. The Sunburnt Cow is re-opening after a 6 month hiatus. The Australian restaurant was shut down by the NYPD for alleged drug activity, but is celebrating its return to Ave C with a Nancy Reagan "Just Say No" themed party Friday, June 1st. [EVGrieve]
6. One of NYC's finest restaurants, L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon in the Four Seasons Hotel, is set to close on June 30th. Joel Robuchon has been declared "Chef of the Century" by chef Gault Milau and opened L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon in 2006. The restaurant has been highly acclaimed in the culinary world but there is no news on what will take over the space. [Eater]
[L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon via]
7. The Meatball Shop in Williamsburg will be opening up their tented garden for the summer. The tent seats around 30 people and is available to rent out for private parties/events while serving their famous meatball. [Refinery29]
[Meatball Shop via]
8. The Chelsea Gallery Diner is closing after a 30 year long run. The diner used to attract a diverse crowd, but due to the changing people and economy it had no choice but to close its doors. Sadly, diner lovers all over Manhattan will have to find a new place to get their grub. [Eater]
9. There is a new ban on prepaid credit cards at certain restaurants. Foodies beware, new restaurant openings, like Pok Pok NY, wont accept prepaid cards because there is no way to check the balance on them which causes establishments problems in the tipping-after-math, especially since most patrons add the tip on the bill after the card was charged. [NYTimes]