Lavo is having a Back to School Champagne Brunch starting Saturday, Masaharu Morimoto's newest restaurant in Tribeca is set to open in October, Provocateur has reopened and Avicii is set to preform there tomorrow night, and much more in today's Nightlife News Round Up!
1. Lavo is having a Back to School Champagne Brunch starting Saturday, September 8th at 2:00pm. Lavo is celebrating the end of summer by bringing back their infamous champagne brunch. LAVO’s “Back 2 School” themed brunch will feature a whole new cast of hedonistic revelries – along with the usual magnums of house rose, tie-dyed masquerade girls, gold painted dancers on stilts, super heroes, celebrity DJs and more. The brunch will be held on Saturdays and Sundays.
2. Masaharu Morimoto's newest restaurant in Tribeca is set to open in October. Called 'Tribeca Canvas,' the new restaurant will be located at 313 Church St. The project has been in the works for almost three years and the 80 seat restaurant is set to serve Morimoto's take on comfort foods. [Eater]
3. John McDonald and Josh Capon are opening a new Mexican restaurant downtown in late September. The new joint will be called El Toro Blanco and will be located at 257 Avenue of the Americas. The fusion will be Mexico via Baja, with guacamole, 100 tequilas, the requisite fish tacos and much more. [NYTimes]
"Maybe it's not so much of a secret: Avicii will be at Provocateur on Thursday."
5. There will soon be a Big Gay Ice Cream cookbook. You might have heard the rumors last month but it is now confirmed that Doug Quint and Bryan Petroff will be writing it. Unfortunately, there is a bit of a wait for the book which is set to come out in Spring 2014. [NYMag]
7. Graffiti, located in the East Village, will be expanding into an old bridal boutique at 224 E. 10th St. There are also rumors of the restaurant's hours expanding from 10:30 p.m. currently on Sunday-Thursday to midnight, and from 11:45 p.m. on Friday-Saturday to 2 a.m. [EVGrieve]
8. Hester Street Fair and Chef Sez’s Simonez Wolf are having a Sunday Fashion Week Feast. The feast will be curated by by Chef Sez’s Simonez Wolf. It will be at Hester Street Fair on the corner of Hester and Essex Streets. It will be September 9, 12-8pm with NYC’s best eats featuring Tacombi, Whitmans, Bep, The Smile, Rice and Miso Everyday plus a beer and wine bar.