There seems to be a new lower east side hot spot making a name for itself - Sons of Essex (133 Essex Street, formerly Mason Dixon) is hosting some of the best parties as of late. The venue only opened up in late September but has already been christened with the presence of all three Olsen sisters, and last night's "Like Crazy" screening after party.
[Mary-Kate, Ashley, and Elizabeth Olsen all chilling at Sons of Essex for Elizabeth's Nylon cover party.]
So what do we know about this place?
- Team Matt Levine is behind the venue.
- The venue identifies itself as a deli, restaurant, and townhall.
- It has held at least two liquor tastings there this past month.
- It has a low key loungey feel to it.
- We've heard the bouncers are especially nice - even to a guy who had one to many to drink and had to be escorted out last night.
- What do they serve there? Well last night guests were served pork belly sliders, fried pickles, truffle pizza, chocolate covered bacon, and salted caramel macaroons.
- They have a VIP section in a sunken area in the lounge.
It was also the hot spot last night, with a the Tommy Hilfiger presents "Like Crazy" screening after party:
[Zoe Kravitz, John Robinson, Ricky Ullman]
[Ally Hilfiger, Steve Hash, Amanda Hearst, Andrew Bevan]
[Olivia Thirlby, Cary Fukunaga]
[Eve Hewson, Amy Ryan, Daisy Johnson, Izabella Miko]