As if New York City isn't already a giant WiFi hotspot, the city announced today that they will be adding free public WiFi throughout the 5 boroughs. The hotspots will be added to telephone kiosks, because I guess they're getting tired of being side walk decorations?
Considering this is a pilot program, it's very indeterminate as to the future of the program. So enjoy the free wifi while you can! They've have started with 10 kiosks and will add more in the next few months.
Check out the first 10 hotspots that will go up below!
1. Brooklyn Heights-Cobble Hill: 545 Albee Square and 2 Smith Street
2. Astoria: 30-94 Steinway Street
3. SoHo: 402 West Broadway
4. Fur-Flower District: 458 Seventh Avenue
5. Theater District-Clinton: 28 West 48th Street
6. Grand Central-United Nations: 410 Madison Avenue
7. Midtown-Clinton: 1609 Broadway and 1790 Broadway
8. Upper West Side: 230 West 95th Street
Wednesday, June 19
We sat down with Anne Pasternak for a few questions about Creative Time's past and future, as well as the importance of having an awareness about public art in the city.