The dreaded hangover is a part of life for all alcohol consuming adults and the best way to cure it is with some greasy, carb-tastic food. We've scoped out some of the best eats to cure a hangover previously, but there are plenty more. Below is where to go and what to order.
- We've all woken up in bed not knowing how we got there or why we're naked or why there's an empty box of fruity pebbles resting on our chest. Well maybe not all of us, but you get my point. These will make you feel better.
1. Meatball Smash. This may sound like something the Hulk would say but it's one of the specialties at The Meatball Shop. Anything off the menu would be good for a hangover but this really does the trick! It's two meatballs smashed on a brioche bun with sauce and cheese. If that doesn't appeal to you or doesn't fill you up (which it probably won't cause it's small but amazing!) get anything else. The place specializes in all kind of meatballs.
2. Waffles from the Wafels & Dingles truck. Waffles don't feed you, they feed your soul. A waffle from the waffle truck is sure to help you get over that hangover. You could go straight up classic with the strawberries and powdered sugar or if some of last night's wild spirit carried into the morning you can go ahead and try the pulled pork waffle. It's surprisingly really good.
3. Belgian hangover pasta at Resto. This dish has everything you could wish for in a hangover food - carbs, fat, pork, yum! Although it may leave you feeling a bit sluggish, this dish is sure to take your mind off your hangover and give those much needed carbs and proteins.
4. Fried Peanut Butter and Banana sandwich at The Breslin. If you aren't salivating from just hearing the name there must be something wrong with you. This sandwich is a god send the morning after a long night. It's fried and warm and just oozing smooth peanut butter. This is one of those foods that make the world seem like a better place.
5. Grilled Cheese Sandwich also at The Breslin. The Breslin is like hangover heaven if such a contradiction is possible. Besides the amazing peanut butter and banana sandwich it's also the home of possibly the most amazing grilled cheese sandwich in existence. It consists of ham, 4 cheeses and an egg cooked into the center.
6. Burger and Cajun Fries from Five Guys Burger and Fries. It's not some fancy restaurant but when you wake up looking less than flawless do you really want to stroll into a 5-star place? This is the perfect place to get some hangover grub. Their burgers are amazing and with unlimited toppings you can let your imagination run wild.
7. Sausage and Egg Sandwich at Cafe Luxembourg. This homemade sausage and egg sandwich is like a grown up version of a McDonald's McMuffin but instead of that gross, processed stuff you get homemade sausage, gruyere cheese, a sunny side up egg all on a brioche bun.
8. The Hangover Burger at Stone Street Tavern. This amazing burger has all the hangover essentials - meat, fried egg, bacon and cheese. Although it may have the appearance of being a plain old burger the first bite will get you hooked and make this your go to hangover food.
These dishes may not be the healthiest but they'll definitely help with that head pounding. So take that extra shot and indulge yourself come morning!
Be sure to check out Volume I: [The Best Hangover Eats In NYC]