- Ever wonder how those flash sites sell $56,000 Hermes Birkins? [Shift]
- A new study purports to prove that homophobic people are actually gay. [Slate]
-P'Trique of Sh-t Fashion Girls Say talks Kabuki-inspired minimalism and Chanel gauchos. [WWD]
"Generally, I always brunch with this particular circle on Tuesdays. We were at Peels the week the call came through. John Jannuzzi and I were splitting the spa eggs and trying to ignore the biscuit Betsey (Johnson) had ordered. Cory Kennedy was in the middle of telling us what went down in the crawl space of Le Baron that weekend."
- Charles Barkley has it in for Mitt Romney. [D&T]
“We’re going to beat you like a drum in November,” said Barkley.“Don’t take it personally. You seem like a nice guy … but you’re going down, bro.”
-As Facebook gears up for its multi-billion dollar IPO, NYMag asks, is Mark Zuckerberg (the man who once handed out "I'm the CEO, bitch" business cards), a billionaire boy wonder or just in the right place at the right time? [NYMag]
- According to fitness author Gretchen Reynolds, you need only exercise 20 minutes per day, and by exercise, she means just do something. [NYT]
- Are you a Facebook addict? (Spoiler: You are) If you score "often" or "always" on four of the six items below, it's time to unplug for a minute. [Gizmodo]
-You spend a lot of time thinking about Facebook or plan use of Facebook.
-You feel an urge to use Facebook more and more.
-You use Facebook in order to forget about personal problems.
-You have tried to cut down on the use of Facebook without success.
-You become restless or troubled if you are prohibited from using Facebook.
-You use Facebook so much that it has had a negative impact on your job/studies.
- Take a cue from Vogue, and spend a Sunday at Tiffany's dressed like Audrey. [Vogue]
Sunday, May 26
We sat down with Anne Pasternak for a few questions about Creative Time's past and future, as well as the importance of having an awareness about public art in the city.