Judging the SAG Award red carpet looks, a peek inside the Gilt warehouse, a look at Lanvin's bridal products, Hermes knock offs, Givenchy black bags, a new Americana line, Miu Miu's "The Powder Room, Valentino's Spring/Summer 2011 show, the inspiration of David Bowie and more. Diveinto the fashion!
1. Get the rundown on the looks from the SAG Awards red carpet. [The Fashion Spot]
2. Speaking of celebrities, its time for a new daily installment called STFU Kim Kardashian/ In today's edition, she is crying over her nudie pics in W. "She'd been promised something more artsy, less "full f***ing porn." Barbara Kruger would not agree. [PopEater]
4. The debut collection from Thom Dolan is pure Americana all the way. you can see the influence from the designers work at Bill Blass, Ralph Lauren, and Banana Republic, but it's much cuter. [Refinery29]
"I kind of met him at first and said, 'Listen my mum's living with me right now and I'm kind of going through a hard time and I'm not interested in having a serious relationship with somebody right now' and he was like, 'You know, um, let's just be there for each other through these hard times we're both going through'. And we developed a relationship and we started seeing each other." [HuffPo]
6. Which Givenchy black handbag are you? All of them? [Racked]
9. Karmen Pedaru dons some zany lobster and shoe head wear for this month's Japanese Vogue.[DesignScene]
13. Victoria Beckham's beauty secret? Bird shit. Dried under UV lights, the excrement is mixed with rice bran and water in the spa and applied as a face mask. You can spend a fortune getting the Bird Poop Facial at New York's Shizuka Spa or just scarp some gunk off the nearest windshield. [Daily Mail]
14. Manolo Blahnik has teamed up with TOUS to launch a jewelry collection featuring the designer’s Mary Jane Campari shoe as a charm. Eat your heart out Carrie Bradshaw. [Luxist]
15. Lagardère has sold all 102 of its international titles, including its fifteen international editions of Elle magazine, to Hearst Corporation for 651 million euros in cash (about $885.6 million). [WWD]
16. Costume designer for The Black Swan, Amy Westcott, is sick and tired of all the press the Mulleavy sisters are getting. She's speaking out:
"Contrary to reports, Rodarte did not design 40 costumes — or "all of the ballet looks" — but only seven. "The core ballet was designed by Zack Brown (for American Ballet Theater), and my department and I added some feather detailing to assimilate them with the White Swan," explains Westcott.
-17. Barney's New York has found a new style maven to fill the shoes left empty by Julie Gilhart. Amanda Brooks, a Manhattan socialite who most recently worked at William Morris, has been named as women's fashion director. Also on Amanda's resume: She wrote the book "I Love Your Style." [NYPost]
18. Eye candy with a side of nostalgia. Ford Modeling Agency, photographed by Ormond Gigli, 1966 [Naveen.Tumblr]
19. Corum’s Golden Bridge is admittedly a very clever watch. [KissMeI'mLazy]
20. Rag & Bone's Marcus Wainwright and David Neville decided to switch things up for its next campaign. Rag & Bone fans can submit their own posters to be in the running for a $1000 rag-bone.com gift certificate. [HuffPo]
22. Presenting, Miu Miu's “The Powder Room,” directed by Zoe Cassavetes.
25. Olia Designs Make Love Necklace, $47,is perfect for Valentine's Day. [Refinery29]
26. For your most fashionable dinner parties. Designer tea bags. [CheersCayte]
27. Aperlaï’s “Louise” moccasin.“The mood was 1950s Katharine Hepburn,” says Lanvin, who has previously cited screen siren Sophia Loren as inspiration for her year-old accessories line. And with all the holiday glitz behind us, an elegant and boyish flat is the perfect first step towards spring."[ThatKindOfWoman]
28. Inside Gilt Group's warehouses. Oh mama! [Notcot]
29. Valentino Spring/Summer 2011. Such ethereal perfection, the models simply float. [TheVieSociety]