All posts related to eavesdropping in on Guest of a Guest for eavesdropping in.
As you've hopefully noticed from our past few Best Of Summer 2012 retrospectives, we had a pretty great summer in most regards, from crazy pool parties to club openings. But we realized that some of our favorite posts from the past few months defied easy categorization. Some of these were news or gossip items that we just had to share with you guys, some are looks at L.A. history or local characters, and there's even a retrospective of shamelessly debaucherous tequila tales in there that you can choose to view as either a warning or a challenge. Enjoy them all: I know we did. More»
The unexpectedly quick divorce settlement between Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes? You can thank little Suri for that. Apparently both sides were gearing up for legal war when it was impressed upon them how damaging the whole thing would be to their daughter. Give them credit for that. [TMZ]
- Justin Bieber ran into a glass wall in Paris. [TMZ]
- Be wary of what you share on Facebook. Due to the site's new algorithm, one unfortunate user had the pleasure of looking like he was endorsing a 55-gallon barrel of personal lubricant. [NYT]
-Did Lana del Rey record a secret album? Probably not, but the name May Jailer sounds mad-lib enough to be Lana. I mean Lizzy. [Vulture]
- A 6-year-old spelling bee contestant, the youngest ever, was sadly eliminated after flubbing the word "ingluvies." I mean...[Week]
- The real Colonel Sanders actually loathed KFC. [Gawker]
- Imagine a world where Angelina Jolie is interviewed by Suri Cruise. I bet my thetans it's only a matter of time. [ThoughtCatalog]
- Elvis Presley's tomb is up for grabs. The private crypt where the King was once buried is now for sale, with a starting price of $100,000. [NYT]
“It’s definitely a conversation piece. Only one person can say, ‘Hey, I’m going to be buried where Elvis Presley was.’”
- Modern science continues to amaze- MIT scientists have finally figured out how to get ketchup out of the bottle faster. [TIME]
- Facebook is teaming up with TBS (yes, the channel that shows Sex & the City reruns and Along Came Polly) for a new, hoodie-filled sitcom. JUST KIDDING. It's something about advertising. [Mashable]
Wednesday, June 19
We sat down with Anne Pasternak for a few questions about Creative Time's past and future, as well as the importance of having an awareness about public art in the city.