Yoke is trying to use Facebook to develop a social dating app, a pizzeria in Dubai has come up with a fridge magnet that can order pizza for you, Tumblr has hit the 20 billion post mark, and so much more in today's tech files.
1. Yoke will help you find your perfect match through Facebook. The software called Yoke seems to be a promising tool for singles who want to find potential partners online.The app will take information from your Facebook and match you accordingly with people compatible to your profile. Although it's not the first app to use Facebook as a dating website, it seems to be the most promising. [Mashable]
2. Self-repairing plastic can now be used in cell phones. Isn't it amazing how the sound of a smart phone hitting the ground is more unpleasant than the sound of nails on a chalkboard? Not to worry, scientists have got you covered. At the 243rd National Meeting & Exposition of the American Chemical Society, researchers introduced plastic that can repair itself when exposed to sunlight. [Engadget]
3. The Mad Men online game let's you choose the storyline for Don Draper. There are three possible endings in this 8-bit adventure game. So for those of us who can't wait for the rest of this season, play the video game to create your own story. [Engadget]
4. Let your fridge magnet order pizza for you. A pizzeria in Dubai has come up with a VIP fridge magnet that will call in an order for you. The magnet is connected to the internet via the Bluetooth connection on a smartphone and is preset to order a pizza online from the Red Tomato Pizza in Dubai. The pizzeria then sends a confirmation text and delivers the pizza to you. [Mashable]
5.Tumblr keeps growing at a breakneck pace. On Monday night, it was recorded that Tumblr hit 20 billion posts. Tumblr has doubled in size within the last 6 months and is approaching 50 million blogs. [TNW]
6. The new app, JoinIn, combines Facebook, Foursquare and Yelp in one. On this new app you can plan and organize your social life. The app offers daily deals and is meant to reward users for going out with their friends. [Mashable]
7. Business Insider has come up with a list of 25 Hot New York start-ups. These start-ups are taking off in the tech community and are ones you should keep an eye out for. The founders of Yoke, the social dating app built off of Facebook, made the list. [BusinessInsider]