It's the day after the biggest show in Hollywood, but the Oscars have nothing on Sheen today. Charlie Sheen is "a total bitchin’ rock star from Mars," and all of you average minded people out there just don't have the ability to understand him. There's this and much more, live from my "desk" in LA today...
1. Charlie Sheen. It doesn't get better than this guy. Video from part one of the actor's interview with the Today Show is below. Note, average minded readers, you will not be able to follow this LOL:
Some of my favorite quotes:
"I am on a drug. It’s called Charlie Sheen. It’s not available. If you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
"They told me I had to change my life so I did....in like an hour."
"Well, we couldn’t really call it rehab because we didn’t have a license to operate one, so it was a crisis management centre that we labelled the Sober Valley Lodge. … its primary client achieved radical success."
On how he avoids relapsing: 'I just don’t do it. I will not believe that if I do something then I have to follow a certain path because it was written for normal people. People who aren’t special. People who don’t have tiger blood and Adonis DNA."
On life after "Two and a Half Men:" "Well, I mean, first of all come Wednesday morning they’re gonna rename it Charlie Bros. and not Warner Bros. Duh, winning! It’s, like, guys, IMDB right there, 62 movies and a ton of success. I mean, c’mon bro, I won best picture at 20. I wasn’t even trying. I wasn’t even warm."
"I’m tired of pretending I’m not a total bitchin’ rock star from Mars."
Charlie Sheen talks with [GQ]
Researching the drug "Charlie Sheen" in the medical encyclopedia. [VF]
Charlie Sheen, the Drug. [Esquire]
"The Frost/Nixon interviews have nothing on TMZ live-streaming interview with Charlie Sheen from his backyard." [@thecajunboy]
Charlie's longtime publicist, Stan Rosenfield, just quit. [Gawker]
2. The Oscars. I tweeted last night from the Sunset Blvd Equinox Gym that the best thing this year's Oscars did for me was bless me with a crowd free gym for the first time in history. And I meant it. I only watched the show briefly, but from what I did manage to see, and from the press today, it was predictably boring. Franco's tweets may have been the most interesting thing of the night. [BI] Oh, and the fashion:
The Ten Best Dressed at the Oscars [GofG]
Oscar Party Roundup: [GofGLA]
Inside the Vanity Fair Oscar Party: [GofG]
The Sunset Tower's "Demetri" lives for this night lol. [Twitter]
3. The best Oscar photos through the years. "Back in Hollywood’s Golden Age, being a star entailed more than just acting — you had to sing, to dance, to entertain." Check out the rare photos, like this one of Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly backstage, 1956. [LIFE]
4. Chicago is America's hottest city. Here's why: [The Daily Beast]
5. Dior designer John Galliano loves Hitler. This is not going to end well: [Sun]
6. Meet Dan Sinker, the man behind the brilliant twitter feed @MayorEmanuel [Sinker]
It was the best fake Twitter account ever, deftly satirizing Rahm Emanuel, and elevating the Tweet and the f-word to the level of literature. But the mystery writer was never revealed - until now. [Atlantic]
7. J.P. Morgan Chase is in talks to take a minority stake in Twitter at a valuation of more than $4 billion [WSJ]
8. What type of sneezer are you? A get-appreciated? A get-along? A get-it-done? Just in time for allergy season, there’s a new way to define yourself says the St. Petersburg Times. According to new research, a sneeze lets out more than sinus pressure—it reveals a lot about the sneezer’s personality. [PatsPapers]
9. Tattooed babies. No, they're not real, but still. Australia-born, Pennsylvania-based artist Dietrich Wegner has flipped that idea on its head by covering real babies in multicolored fake tattoos that feature logos from companies like Apple and Fed Ex, essentially turning them into tiny (and totally oblivious), crawling billboards. [Flavorwire]
But, did you guys know that OWN has a "documentary club," like a book club, that has been acquiring films. [@brianstelter]
11. "From Drugs To Mugs: faces of addiction." With disturbing before and after photos of drug users’ faces, a new anti-drug campaign may succeed where others have failed, grabbing teens’ attentions by appealing to their vanity. [NBC]
12. Turtlenecks are going to be a major trend next fall, say those in the know in the fashion world. (Turtlenecks have always been a "Rachelle" trend). [WWD]
13. This week's New Yorker: Hendrik Hertzberg on union busters; Meghan O’Rourke on bereavement; Ken Auletta on Mo Ibrahim; James Surowiecki on the Middle East; Elif Batuman on Turkish soccer; Kelefa Sanneh on Max Fish; Paul Goldberger on Frank Gehry; fiction by David Foster Wallace; and more. [NYer]
14. The Mary Sue. Abrams media launched a new media site for women today. Check it out here: [MarySue]
17. Justin Bieber is the latest celeb to try and raise money for my friend, Scott Harrison's Charity:Water. Congrats on scoring him (he's almost at $9k), and incredible that it's only his 17th Birthday! [Charity:Water]
18. Introducing: MEMEOPOLY. It's the first ever board game dedicated to buying and selling valuable internet content. Experience the rush as you build a Tumblr with all of the internet's favorite faces. [Urlesque]
20. New Yorkers are really sensitive about their neighborhood labelings. Find out exactly where "SoHo" ends and begins. [NYCtheBlog]
21. Fur may be "in" but there are still loads of people against it. Check out these anti-fur protesters that I spotted this weekend on Sunset Blvd in LA. [Twitter]
22. Guess where most dog poop ends up? In plastic bags in landfills (read:not decomposing naturally). There has to be a better way. [LAtimes]
23. In the basement of the ACE hotel last yesterday, history was made. An eight man team of cocktail wizards achieved a feat never completed by another group of men and set the Guinness World Records achievement for most cocktails - minimum of three ingredients - made in one hour by a team. When all was said and done 1,541 cocktails lined the tables wall-to-wall. [ACE tumblr]
24. There is a "naked therapist" named Sarah White, on the Daily today. “For men in particular, seeing a naked woman can really help them focus, look deeply into themselves and speak their minds openly." [TheDaily]
25. Check out the greatest essays ever. [essayprize]
26. I'm obsessed with the latest video, "Freaks and Geeks," by Donald Glover:
Daily Style Phile: Donald Glover [GofG]
28. Did you ever wonder what the difference was between Marketing, PR, Advertising and branding? [MoK]
29. Finally, last night I took a photo of these LA bloggers blogging about the opening night of the new restaurant (by the "Animal" team), "Son of a Gun." It was very meta. [Twitter]
Well, that's all for me today. Do you have something to include in tomorrow's reading list? Email me: Rachelle@guestofaguest.com!