Anyone else have the hump day blues? Hope this helps beat them: below, I have some great holiday book lists, Santa photos from College Humor party and a new seasonal mental disorder list! Plus! Stanley and I's photos from our first ad campaign are out. OH BOY!
1. Aaron Sorkin lays into Sarah Palin on the Huffington Post. [HuffPo]
2. 'Tis the Season, unfortunately. Today author Bob Morris offers some useful replacements for the American Psychiatric Association's mental disorders list. [Observer]
3. Ricky Van Veen and Josh Abramson's annual College Humor Christmas party was this past Saturday at the Wooly and the Santa's Lap photos are finally starting to surface! I missed the fun for Basel, but John Mayer was apparently there...[Flickr]
[Santa, have these boys (Ricky Van Veen, Josh Abramson, Zach Klein), been good or bad this year???]
5. Elizabeth Edwards on Dec. 6th, 2010: “I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces – my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope […] These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined. The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that.” [VieSociety]
6. Happy Holidays from the Paris Review. Check out their very special gift set including: their winter issue, a year's subscription, a sexy new Paris Review T-shirt, and a signed holiday card from editor Lorin Stein. [Paris Review]
7. John Irving is publishing a new book! And you only have to wait 2 more years for it! [Chiaraatik]
8. Rolling Stone magazine is publishing an interview with John Lennon conducted three days before he died. [Today]
Yoko and John by Annie Leibovitz
Today, Yoko remembers John Lennon in the NYTimes: [The Tea Maker]
9. This groundbreaking video shows for the first time ever, a woman giving birth inside an MRI scanner, allowing doctors to watch the movement through the birth canal from beginning to end. [Jezebel]
10. Britney Spears does her holiday shopping at Walmart! [Gawker] Also! Walmart is petitioning for permission to install self-serve wine kiosks that require an ID swipe and breathalyzer in stores. [CBS]
11. The New Yorker's reviewers' favorite books from 2010. Is your favorite on the list? [New Yorker]
12. Speaking of books, how cool is this Library Information Desk made entirely out of books??? [Recyclart]
13. The 50 worst states in America. Here is a slideshow about the worst of every state in the country. Here is New York's: [GQ]
New York: You have a 1-in-10-million chance of dying in a terrorist attack. Unless you live in New York. Terrorists hate New York. Maybe it's because the outgoing governor is a blind, scandal-ridden adulterer. Or because the governor before him resigned after liaisons with prostitutes. Or maybe it's because New York is near the top in religion-related hate crimes. Or...maybe they've just seen American Idiot on Broadway. That show is clearly a preemptive attack.
14. Ten Qualities to look for in a mate. Girl responds to guy. [Howaboutwe]
15. Here's a great new set of NYC Comic Book Travel Posters to fill your superhero void by Justin Van Genderen. [InOtherNews]
16. The earth is going to run out of food by 2050!?! FML. [Time]
17. Stanley and I make our very first photo shoot for Baby-G Watch campaign! Up on Paper Magazine's site now:
Stanley looks so good it's almost as if he were photo-shopped (he wasn't).
Well, that's all for me today. Do you have something that I should include in tomorrow's List? Don't be shy! Email me: Rachelle@guestofaguest.com
Sorry, comments are currently unavailable
Sunday, March 9
Sean MacPherson took some time out to chat with us about his new restaurant, so click through to find out why we\'re calling Margaux your new go-to in NYC.