DC's Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration (ABRA) recently released applications to bars that want to be open until 4am during the entire week of Inauguration! Bars may apply to be open for 8 days for a small fee, beginning on Monday night, January 14, to Monday night, January 22.
This is a huge deal for DC, considering normal bar hours in Washington are 2am on weeknights and 3am on weekends! We're still not Miami, Las Vegas or New Orleans (bars there are open 24 hours), but this does make our temporary last call much more aggressive than a large majority of the US.
If you're planning on throwing an Inauguration party, email our events manager, Laura Fels! We want to be there!
Establishments may also apply to stay open for 24 hours (they just have to keep patrons off the sauce at 4am).
ABRA also released their list of 4am holidays for 2013.
- New Year’s Day - Monday evening, December 31, 2012 (4am Tuesday morning)
- Washington’s Birthday - Sunday evening, February 17 (4am Monday morning)
- DC Emancipation Day - Monday evening, April 15 (4am Tuesday morning)
- Memorial Day Weekend - May 24-26 evenings (4am on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning)
- Independence Day - Wednesday evening, July 3 (4am Thursday morning)
- Labor Day Weekend - Aug 30-Sept 1 evenings (4am on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday mornings)
- Columbus Day - Sunday evening, October 13 (4am Monday morning)
- Veteran’s Day - Sunday evening, November 10 (4am Monday morning)
- Thanksgiving - Wednesday evening, November 27 (4am Thursday morning)
- Christmas - Tuesday evening, December 24 (4am Wednesday morning)