By now you've probably heard that Demi Moore's recent hospitalization was due to an alleged overindulgence of the nitrous oxide used to pressurize whipped cream cans, or "whip-its." Now before we get all high and mighty on Demi as if we've never had to throw away half a can of completely flat Reddi Whip, I think we should take a moment to place this admittedly embarrassing overdose in the proper context. No, this is not the first time a Hollywood star has been busted, gone into rehab, or been photographed indulging in a drug that could be considered less than classy, but in this economy, who could blame them? Let's see where Demi's little incident falls on the list of bizarre celebrity stoner moments.
Monday, June 17
We sat down with Anne Pasternak for a few questions about Creative Time's past and future, as well as the importance of having an awareness about public art in the city.