Golden Globes nominations were announced this morning. The Globes, basically the poor man's Academy Awards, are routinely mocked by Hollywood while at the same time being taken deadly seriously as a box office booster and Oscar predictor. This year's nomination slate, though short on huge surprises,
3) Sandra Bullock baked brownies for 95 foreign tabloid journalists (the Globe's gatekeepers) this year. (We get The Blind Side. But The Proposal?)
6) Jason Reitman could film a turd slowly circling his toilet and the critics would still genuflect before him.
7) Mo'Nique's admirable attempts at derailing her own Oscar campaign are proving futile.
8 ) The producers of Entourage have incriminating photos of every member of every awards-voting body in Southern California.
9) Meryl Streep would have to speak in tongues on Friday Night Lights for dim-witted nominating committees to notice the great drama.
10) Jersey Shore clearly just missed the nomination deadline. Next year, Snooki.
(Full list of nominations here)