The Fashion Week tents are going up and Kate Moss gets a lipstick deal. Aishwarya Rai covers Indian Vogue, Lady Gaga's Vogue cover leaks, and Italian Vogue goes black. Justin Bieber inspire high fashion, Barney's dumps Prada and Tom Ford dumps most editors. TGIFashion.
1. OMG. It's almost here! The Fashion Week tents are going up! [Racked]
2. Justin Bieber inspired the beauty look for Barbara Tfank’s Valentine’s Day presentation. This would be the same Barbara Tfank who dresses Vanessa Redgrave and Michelle Obama. [Style.com]
3. Heidi Klum is the cover girl for the March 2011 issue of Lucky. To celebrate, the magazine threw a fabulous party for her at The Spare Room at The Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood, California last night. She's wearing a Rachel Roy dress but it's a guess what is on her fingers. Hot or way too much? [People]
4. Aishwarya Rai – one of the most beautiful women in the world – is on the cover of Vogue India sporting a gorgeous feather shouldered piece from Roksanda Ilincic. [RedCarpetFashionAwards]
5. Italian Vogue features an all-black editorial, "The Black Allure," which includes some of today's top models of color, like Joan Smalls, Jourdan Dunn, Arlenis Sosa, and Chanel Iman.
6. The Cut stated "It's difficult to say whether these pages are gimmicks or actual steps towards fashion becoming more inclusive," but their commenters didn't think so. There are some 3 pages of commenters discussing what a gross gimmick this is. Do you agree?:
lovehatelove: "this is not a step in the right direction. i would rather see one black model featured in an editorial with no mention of race. this is a bit exploitive."
tr_ro: "Now they put black people, but they don't mix them with other people?? What?? Why? Whats the point? This doesn't really say diversity which is what people want!"
glennbelverio: "When it's presented in such an exoticized, segregated and cliched way, of course it's a gimmick."
7. Kate Moss been the spokeswoman for BellaSugar]and countless other beauty brands, and now is set to be the face of Dior Beauté's new Addict Lipstick collection. [
8. JNBY, a line conceived by collective of twelve designers in Asia, has released its look book of pullovers, furs, and pants that can be worn multiple ways. [Fashionista]
9. Barney's will no longer sell WWD]handbags or women's ready-to-wear. They will continue to sell Prada menswear and women's footwear. [
10. Stella Tennant appears in Céline Spring 2011 campaign alongside Daria Werbowy, both photographed by Juergen Teller. [FashionLvr]
11. “Culture Chanel,” is a new show organized by Chanel designed to teach people in China about the fashion legend. It runs through March 14 at the Museum of Contemporary Art Shanghai (Moca) and will include 400 items including designs by Chanel as well as things that inspired her. [WSJ]
12. Sorry Mindy Kaling, but these 10 photos of WTF celebrity hair styles are pretty good. [TheDailyMakeover]
13. Fashion editors get ready to get pissed. Tom Ford will for some reason, only be previewing his collection "for international monthly magazines."[CatWalkQueen]
14. OMG. A bag you can wear on your body for night you go dancing. And it looks hot! [Refinery29]
15. Lady Gaga is planning to show off five different outfits through the course of the Grammy's!
“With her stylist, Nicola Formichetti, named Creative Director of the brand, Gaga is very interested in wearing Thierry Mugler — although her partnership with Armani Prive isn’t off the table,” said a source. “Armani has been so good to her which is why she hasn’t ruled out the brand, but it looks like she’s most likey going to wear Mugler.” [HollywoodLife]
16. Speaking of Gaga, her Vogue cover leaked. [TFS]
17. Elle Fanning, the 12-year-old sister of Dakota and star of Sofia Coppola's Somewhere, is in Rodarte's newest short, directed by Todd Cole, premiering on LVMH's site Nowness.com on Tuesday.
18. Here's Yestadt Millinery Spring/Summer 2011 VIDEO LOOKBOOK!! [vimeo]
19. Want to go to Fashion Week but haven't received any of those ultra exclusive invites to the shows? You can buy a ticket for Richie Rich's famously wild presentation for a mere $25-$35. I love him. [Villionaire Tickets]
"I never realized, like a lot of my friends that aren’t in the fashion industry, I’ll invite them to my show and they’re like, 'Oh my god, it was so much fun! I’ve never been to a fashion show before.' I always take it for granted because that’s what I do. It’s fun when people who haven’t experienced it get a chance to and see what it’s about. And it’s as much fun to watch the crowd as it is to watch the show."[Fashion Indie]
19. How to get the perfect workout wear with tips including: Wear black. Do not wear fleece. [WSJ]
20. A look at some of Brooklyn's hottest up and coming designers. [Refinery29]
21. David Koma is the latest designer talent to join the Topshop fold. Take a look at the collection. [Vogue]
22. Cute V-Day gift ideas for your man. [Racked]
23. Beetles and foxes and bears, oh my! The Opening Ceremony lookbook was shot by Bastien Lattanzio in Deyrolle, Paris' historic taxidermy shop. [Opening Ceremony]
Do you have something for Monday's Fashion Files? Email me: Mara@guestofaguest.com!