Versace's kids wear, Nicholas Kirkwood's inspired by 80's street-culture, Lady Gaga gets censored, royal wedding dress knock-offs and so much more in today's fashion file.
1. Versace is getting ready to start a new children's collection called Young Versace. But it's not to be confused with their previous label Versace Young which was discontinued in 2004. [NYP]
Gian Giacomo Ferraris, chief executive officer of Versace SpA said:
"This is a high-end, glamorous and colorful collection in line with the brand’s essence, with a touch of rock ’n’ roll,”
2. Nicholas Kirkwood by Keith Haring, a match made in heaven. Well, that's if your an 80's pop art fan. The British shoe designer Nicholas Kirkwood has collaborated with The Keith Haring Foundation for a footwear line inspired by 80's street-culture icon's art work. [BB]
3. Lady Gaga is known to wear crazy things, no one excepts less. But last night during her appearance on American Idol she wore 4,500 leather and lucite platforms from British label Void of Course but no one got to see them cause American Idol censored them. But why? Well, because they resembled penises. [Styleite]
4. Lord & Taylor is A.B.S's royal wedding winner. The Department store will get a two week exclusive on their royal rip-offs. There are three dress: Kate Middleton's wedding dress, her reception dress, and Pippa's sexy little number that sky rocketed her fame. [Elle]
5. Tim Gunn talks smack about the latest winner of PRoject Runway, Gretchen Jones. [TheFrisky]
“Why did the villain win? Why? I could not believe it. Gretchen’s talented, and she’s not a horrible person. But was she the winner of the season? I don’t think so. The ‘Project Runway’ designers are like my kids. I love them all. I will say I love some more than others. And there’s some I wish I’d left in a basket."
But who does he think is in the blame?
“Oh, boy. I’m going to get in trouble for this. Michael [Kors] was campaigning for Gretchen. He said, ‘We need a sportswear designer to win one of these seasons.’ “I thought, ‘Well, Mr. Kors, you just want to validate yourself. But do you want to validate yourself with Gretchen?’ I wouldn’t. Nina [Garcia] was very much in favor of Mondo, and then Michael nudges her and he says, ‘You know, Gretchen listened to every word of advice that you gave her. Mondo didn’t listen to you at all.’ So suddenly, Nina is, like ‘That’s right! He didn’t! I’m going with Gretchen.’ So that’s how it all happened.”
6. As if the 45 Million Gisele Bundchen made in 2010 isn't enough, she is now launching her own lingerie line with Brazilian label Hope. As the face of their label she already has a lot to do for Hope but now she will be designing for her own line called, Gisele Bundchen Brazilian Intimates. [fashionista]
7. Loomstate designers, Rogan Gregory and Scott Mackinlay Hahn have a random project- designing uniforms for Chipotle Mexican Grill chains. This is totally weird considering fashions relationship with food. [TheCut]
8. Sofia Vergara joins, Drew Berrymore, Ellen Degeneres, Queen Latifia and Taylor Swift as Maybelline's latest Cover Girl. [NYP]
9. Anja Rubik stars in Elie Saab's campaign for their first fragrance. [NYM]