Labelux buys Jimmy Choo, Lindsey Wixson blames dehydration for her fall, Queen Latifah joins HSN, Nickelson Wooster leaves Neiman Marcus, Scarlett Johansson disguises herself, Jace Lipstein designs for Dickies, and so much more in today's fashion file.
1. Labelux a burgeoning luxury group has bought high end shoe label, Jimmy Choo. They reportedly paid between $550 Million - $850 million. [Fashionista]
"I'm over it all already. It was a mixture of the dress being too long and me walking too fast. I think I hadn't had enough water, I was maybe a bit dehydrated."
3. Queen Latifah has jumped on HSN's celebrity "lifestyle" brands bandwagon. Her line, Queen, will debut August 27 and will come in a wide range of sizes, but the word "plus size" will not be used. [TheCut]
5. Balmain, the French fashion house known to be ridiculously expensive is launching a secondary ready-to-wear collection called Pierre Balmain. What's the best part besides not seeing a $1,625 t-shirt? There's a rumor that the launch will be in September in New York! YAY! [Fashionista]
8. Guess by Marciano, the contemporary, "fashion forward" extension of Guess, Inc. copied Rodarte for Target for 10x the price. Their description for their " Blair Vintage Dress" reads:[Styleite]
"With embellishments inspired by our favorite styles of the eras past, this vintage inspired dress is a classic reinvented."
I guess by era past they mean a few years ago when Rodarte made the same dress for Target.
9. We cant promise that you'll never lose another pen or bobby pin ever again, but, what we can say, instead of scrambling through your purse, your zippered pouch will look effortlessly cute. [etsy]
"I classify fashion into two categories; believable and playful"- Jace Lipstein
11. Tyra Banks announced that there will never be another "Normal" America's Next Top Model. [NYMAG]
Has the show ever been normal? Remember Lisa D'Amato from cycle 5.
"Everybody just needs to calm down. Calm down. Take a break. Eat a cookie"
12. From Miu Miu to Givenchy, designers are showing a ton of floral print on their fall runways and these aren't your typical floral design with scattered lilys on a shirt. [Vogue]
13. What to bring on your High School BFF reunion picnic! A blanket big enough for all your friends, Bento box to keep your fruits and veggies separate, picnic basket and of course, the most important item, a bag for your bag of wine.
14. Nod to the past and wave to the future with Raoul 2012 retro re-envisioned cruise collection. [REFINERY29]