English Christmas Punch
750 mL bottle dark rum
750 mL bottle dry red wine
3 cups strong tea
1 lb superfine sugar
juice of 1 large orange
juice of 1 lemon
[Recipe found HERE]
1. Heat, but do not allow to boil, the wine, tea, lemon and orange juices in a saucepan or chafing dish.
2. Pour the heated mix into a heat proof punch bowl.
3. Place as much sugar as possible into a large ladle and any excess sugar into the punch bowl.
4. Saturate the sugar in the ladle with rum.
5. Ignite the rum and sugar in the ladle and pour it while still aflame into the punch.
6. Stir well and extinguish the flames.
7. Pour the remainder of the rum into the punch.
8. Stir well.
Sunday, May 19
We sat down with Anne Pasternak for a few questions about Creative Time's past and future, as well as the importance of having an awareness about public art in the city.