David Rabin has been a lot of things: Lotus nightclub owner, president of the New York Nightlife Association, "25th most hated New Yorker" by the NY Press, etc. Along with Lotus he's owned, Union Bar, Double Seven, and Los Dados He's been called the "Mayor of Meatpacking" and is a friend of Uncle Steve's, and I can't wait to have dinner with him at his newest venture: Soho joint Delicatessen. David's been talked on board to collaborate with Amadei and Chef Ferraro on the food, service, and cocktail program. I can't wait to pick his brain on the reopening of Double Seven, among other things. And, in case you needed any reason to visit Delicatessen during Fashion week, they're giving us 10:
10. Award winning design. Mark Thomas Amadei collaborated with NEMA Workshop on Deli’s striking interior which was recently awarded “Best Restaurant Design” in 2009 by both Travel + Leisure and Contract Magazine.
9. Minibar! Just downstairs from Deli is one of New York City’s best kept secrets. DJs and cocktails in an intimate setting – ideal for any last minute fashion week party.
8. Bold faces. Sighted in recent weeks include Fabien Baron, Anne Dexter Jones and Whitney Port.
7. On a budget? Dine on Fresh Ricotta, Prince Edward Island Mussels and Deli’s outrageous Milk & Cookies, all for just $30.
6. Photo Ops! Terry Richardson-clad menu covers feature a cross-section of hipsters, models, designers, celebrities and local superstars from the neighborhood captured on Polaroid’s in Richardson’s signature style.
5. Looking for a light meal? Try Deli’s Tuna Tataki, Chinoise Salad or Open Faced Grilled Vegetable Pita.
4. Prime location. Deli is just steps from the Mercer Hotel, 60 Thompson, Prada and the coolest shops of Nolita.
3. Fabulous original art. View a large-scale mural by local artist and Bruce Weber model Juan José Heredia.
2. New Chef! Newly appointed Executive Chef Michael Ferraro is serving up a new stylish menu including the popular addition of Pat La Freida’s Short Rib Sliders.
1. New Additions. David Rabin (formerly of Lotus and of the soon to re-open Double Seven) is collaborating with Amadei and Chef Ferraro on the food, service and cocktail program.
New York, NY (February 11, 2009) – Wondering where to dine during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week? Delicatessen, affectionately known as “Deli,” has 10 reasons why you should check out this hot spot February 13th-20th: