With the bikini's recent birthday, J. Crew, Topshop and Victoria’s Secret are all going old school this summer with their unique collections of retro style swimwear. This season, instead of fretting over whether last year’s bathing suit fits or is "so last summer," check out these classic vintage-inspired looks.
1. J. Crew takes a modern spin on the timeless polka dot bikini with this pin-up inspired style swimsuit. J. Crew Retro Dot Underwire Top & Retro Dot High-Waisted Shelley Brief. Buy HERE.
2. For those who can’t decide on a one or two piece, this monokini combines both looks with a fun blend of floral prints and black-and-white stripes. Roxy Wild At Heart Monokini. Buy HERE.
3. Topshop makes the French maillot timelier with frills and a detachable halter neck. Topshop Yellow Slinky Frill One-Piece Swimsuit. Buy HERE.
4. Victoria’s Secret recycles fifties glamour with this sexy vintage-looking one-piece. Victoria’s Secret Carmen Marc Valvo Retro One-Piece. Buy HERE.
5. The ruching floral pattern makes this vintage strapless one-piece funky yet flattering. Free People Esmeralda One-Piece. Buy HERE.
6. If you’re looking to mix and match bathing suits, try this retro set that mixes a modern floral bandeau top with matching bright blue bottoms. Bloomingdales Splendid Bandeau Swim Top & Retro Swim Bottom. Buy HERE.
7. With its halter neck, ruffled waist, and polka dot print, this Urban Outfitters suit defines retro swimwear. Urban Outfitters Ruffle One-Piece Bathing Suit. Buy HERE.
8. Looking for a simple yet fun suit? American Apparel’s form fitting Malibu swimsuit features a simple cut with a vibrant geometric print. American Apparel The Printed Malibu Swimsuit. Buy HERE.
9. Retro and sexy come together with this bohemian Anthropologie swimsuit. Anthropologie Evelyn Maillot. Buy HERE.
10. Look slimmer and be comfy on the beach this summer wearing this classic silhouette one-piece with figure-shaping fabric. Victoria’s Secret Magicsuit Firm Control Retro One-Piece. Buy HERE.