Is it or us or has Mercury been retrograde for like, the entire past year? If we were to go off of Uber's annual lost and found index alone, we'd definitely say it was. We mean, what else but celestial brain fog could explain this roundup of the weirdest things people have forgotten?
"We’ve all experienced that moment of panic when you leave something behind - often in the backseat of an Uber," says Nicole Siefert, Head of Lost & Found at the company. "From frequently lost items like phones, wallets, and keys to more unique belongings like a cat paw print, a bubble machine, or Swarovski binoculars, it's our goal to help return whatever it is you may have left behind, using the app."
While Air Pods are to be expected, scroll down for some of the most bizarre items riders have called in.
1. "Mice for my pet snake to eat"
2. A specimen cup from the doctor's office
3. Husband’s CPAP sleep machine
4. A cooler of breastmilk
5. A six pack of *much* needed toilet paper
6. One fake cosmetic tooth and a skin colored retainer
7. An apron with the name tag “Kayla” from Krispy Kreme
8. A cat paw print from the vet
9. "Keys with my dead dog's dog tag with the name 'Lucy'"
10. Lanyard that says “virginity rocks”
11. A boulder
12. "My wife's weed"
14. A bubble machine
15. A purple suede weightlifting belt with blue stitching that says ‘FEARLESS'
16. An oxygen tank
17. A brown bag with a Nightmare Before Christmas costume, a Harry Potter wand and a Batman game
18. Cat tarot cards
19. Swarovski binoculars
20. A coconut purse. Literally a black & white plaid coconut with a zipper and a string, ugly as possible. "My ID and all my keys are in the coconut purse."
21. Jiu-Jitsu clothes and a towel
22. The top part of a crutch
23. A bedazzled tiny tube with an alien face in it
24. Bag of three stuffed elves
25. Sriracha themed high socks
26. Little purple box with gold dental appliance (bottom grillz)
27. Diamond cufflinks
28. Gray dog tent with blue wee wee pads inside
29. Game of Thrones wallet
30. Bag of wigs
31. A black leather choker with a silk chiffon piece
32. A surfing helmet
33. "A special magnet gift for my grandfather in Poland"
34. A hard boiled egg ("and I don’t want it back.")
35. Mustard-colored butt cushion
36. Jerusalem Bible and a church picture
37. Ouija board
38. Small spooky figurines
39. "Cornhole bags for my cornhole set."
40. "My pants and my sword"
41. A bag with Uggs and some curry powder
42. Purple cup with a llama on it
43. Guinea pig slippers
44. A food processor
45. A gold colored Star Trek shirt & fake ears
46. Steam mop and a box of garbage
47. A Ziploc containing approximately $12.00 in quarters
48. An electric servo and a gray fuel pump
49. A bag of onions & a cup of yogurt
50. A white remote for an implanted stimulator