1. Everything you need to know about "Occupy Wall Street."
1. Everything you need to know about "Occupy Wall Street." It's hard to keep up with what is going on down on Wall Street, especially when, it seems, many of the protesters themselves don't have a clear idea of what they are asking for. So, here are some things to know about the group:
- The group has been congregating on Wall Street (Bowling Green Park) since Sat (Sept 17th), and has no plans to leave anytime soon.
- Activist magazine Adbusters spearheaded the event aimed at drawing attention to the role powerful financial interests played in wreaking havoc on America's economy. [CNN]
- The one thing they have in common: "We are the 99% that will no longer tolerate the greed and corruption of the 1%."
- The NYPD used pepper spray on a number of female protesters on Saturday. The episode, which many caught on tape has been under significant controversy. [NYT]
- Want to help out? Here's 11 things you can do. [Alternet]
- Susan Sarandon (below) showed up to show her support as did Michael Moore.
- One thing's for sure, they have all of the social media mediums covered: