[Photo via londonderrynh] During the summer and into the fall, the Hamptons is known for having accessible fresh fruits and vegetables. There are numerous farms in Suffolk County which grow a wide assortment of fruits and vegetables that you can then pick on your own. Below is a list of farms in Suffolk County where you can pick your own fruits and vegetables. Some of them require a small trip to get to, hence why they are Off The Eaten Path locations...
However, if you are pressed for time and are unable to get to one of these farms, no worries because a majority of the farm stands in the Hamptons get their products from these local farms. List is below...
1. Anderson Farms - U pick strawberries (in June) RD2 Box 166, Middle Road, Riverhead, NY 11901. Phone: 631-727-1129.
2. Davis Peach Farm - apples, apricots, nectarines, peaches, plums, 561 Hulse-landing Road, Wading River, NY 11792. Phone: 631-929-1115.
3. Doug Cooper - U pick vegetables: tomatoes, melons, cucumbers, beans, peppers, eggplant, okra. Mattituck, NY 11952. Phone: 631-298-5195.
4. Fritz Lewin Farms - apples, broad beans, corn (sweet), eggplant, pumpkins, summer squash, winter squash, strawberries, tomatoes, other vegetables, Other fruit or veg, and prepicked produce 1989 Sound Avenue, Baiting Hollow, NY 11933. Phone: 631-727-3346.
5. Golden Earthworm Organic Farm - U pick organic Strawberries, lavender 652 Peconic Bay Blvd, Jamesport, NY 11947. Phone: 631-722-3302.
6. Greenland Family Farms - U pick vegetables 17155 County Road 48, Cutchogue, NY 11935. Phone: 631-734-5791.
7. Hank's Farm Stand - U pick Strawberries Country Rd. 39, Southampton, NY. Phone: 631-726-4667.
8. Hanks Farmstand and Pumpkintown - corn maze, pumpkins, hay rides, pony rides, 149 Montauk Highway, Water Mill, NY 11976. Phone: 631-726-4667.
9. Lewin Farms - U pick apples, strawberries, peaches, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, pumpkins, cut your own Christmas trees 830 Sound Avenue, Wading River, NY. Phone: 631-929-4327.
10. May's Farm Stand - strawberries, peas, peppers, tomatoes, string beans and eggplant 6361 Route 25A, Wading River, NY 11792.
11. The Milk Pail Farm and Orchard - U pick apples, wagon rides, pumpkins Montauk Highway Between Water Mill & Bridgehampton, NY. Phone: 631-537-2565.
12. Seven Ponds Orchard - apples, raspberries, corn maze 65 Seven Ponds Road, Water Mill, NY. Phone: 631-726-8015.
*List courtesy of PickYourOwn.org