[Photo via Dessert First] Slurp This. Popsicles are a food that reminds many of their childhood, however who said you cannot enjoy these icy treats as an adult as well. With lines for places such as Pinkberry and Red Mango leading down the street, frozen yogurt is a culinary trend that seems to have struck the right chord with people throughout the nation. Today's recipe is for Lemon Frozen Yogurt Raspberry Popsicles which are truly the perfect icy treat to enjoy while lounging poolside while being healthy for you too... So before heading out to wait on line for that next cup of your favorite frozen yogurt, why not try and make your own popsicles first. Ingredients and directions, below...
12 miniature Dixie cups 12 wooden popsicle sticks 3 c. plain strained regular yogurt (2% fat) or Greek yogurt 1 to 1 1 /2 c. sugar (to taste) 1 cup lemon juice 1 tablespoon lemon zest 1 pint washed and diced raspberries Ice cream maker machine
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir together until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Refrigerate the mixture for a couple of hours until it is thoroughly chilled.
3. Freeze in an ice cream maker per manufacturer's instructions.
4. When it has reached the consistency of soft serve divide among the 12 Dixie cups and insert the wooden sticks.
5. Cut the raspberries into pieces and swirl into each dixie cup.
6. Freeze Overnight. Enjoy.
*Recipe courtesy of Dessert First