[Photo via suckatash] In the span of a week Mother Nature has gone a little bi-polar, taking us from heatwave to rainstorm and we think L.A. needs a little pep talk to help make the adjustment. This town and it's people are just not meant for rain but that doesn't mean we need to get in the fetal position, so here are a some things we should remember for this stormy weather...
2. It's not a natural disaster OR the apocalypse, so don't freak out, okay?
3. Driving with increased caution doesn't mean like grandma Moses. It's just not necessary to drive under the speed limit or as if you don't know how.
4. This is probably the only time it's inappropriate for flip flops even though it's socially acceptable to wear them year-round here. [Photo via]
5. Similarly, it's the only time it's actually appropriate to wear Uggs in public unless you're keeping warm after surfing.
6. "It's raining" is not a good enough reason for breaking commitments or to not do things in life as if you fell ill.
8. You may be surprised to learn that Mexican food and whiskey have something in common: a warming from within effect that can help you ditch the chills. But we urge you to choose one or the other, do not do both in the same sitting.