Are you a 20-something? Bad news for you today, you are probably heading into a "Thrisis period." Julian Assange is free on bail, it is fking freezing outside and we take a look into the most commonly used passwords on gawker amongst many many more items today...
1. The Best NYC Holiday Windows in photos [Refinery29]There should be a tumblr called Window Porn. Anyone?
2. Wikileaks founder, Julian Assange, has been granted bail at Westminster Magistrate's Court in Central London. [Guardian]
[Photo via Epic]
3. Google Map's Foreclosure Listings [VillageVoice]
4. My friend Ricky Van Veen has a profile in New York Magazine. Titled "The Stunt Man," check out what the funny man's been up to! [NYMag]
5.And another friend, Jen Brill, is profiled on intothegloss.com today. I love looking at her Chanel collection (of makeup!) and the fact that she uses Cetaphil (like me). [IntotheGloss]
6. 20-somethings--get ready for a "thrisis" [CNN]
7. Emergency cash. This story, on the author not reaching the age of having a spare $100 cash on hand, made me laugh because it's soooo me. [Joy]
8. OH: "This generation had the internet before they had sex." [via @zachklein] Wow. That is actually a CRAZY concept to point out that I hadn't thought about until now.
9. Rex Sorgatz is compiling the "best of" lists for 2010 again. [Fimoculous]
10. I.must.have.this.ring. Gotham City Ring by nOir Jewelry for DC comics. [via vie]
11. Here are 5 public health gifts for the person that has everything. #1? Breastfeeding classes in Indonesia from Mercy Corps. [NPR]
12. The Great Recession vs. The Great Depression. [The Atlantic]
13. The color gurus at Pantone have christened their color of the year for 2011. The hot color is honeysuckle. They are calling it "a brave new color, for a brave new world." The blushing pink is the perfect shade to ward off economic doldrums, the company said. [Daily News]
"In times of stress, we need something to lift our spirits. Honeysuckle is a captivating, stimulating color that gets the adrenaline going – perfect to ward off the blues," explains Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute.
14. A fragment of JEAN-LEON GERÔME’S paintings on view until January 23rd at Musée d’Orsay, Paris. Photo Pierre-Alexandre Mateos. [Purple Diary]
15. Yesterday, 188,279 Gawker Media passwords (including ours) were leaked online, below, the most commonly used passwords. I love that "cheese" and "monkey" are people's go to's. [Capital]
16. New study shows U.S. teens smoking more pot, less tobacco, doing more heroin and ecstasy. [USA Today]
17. The newest U.S. postage stamp will feature Ronald Reagan and will be released on what would've been Reagan's 100th birthday. [WaPo]
18. It takes a special kind of person to do this to themselves:
Some guy named Simone with Terry Richardson and his tattoo of Terry Richardson. [Terry]
19. The 60 Best New Tumblr Blogs of 2010. I'm obsessing over the "Holy Maury Mother of God" site ha. [Buzz Feed]
20. The 7 wackiest things about the Golden Globe Nominations. [Vulture]
21. Are you really good at the Internet? Looking for a job that combines your love of fashion and your love of living out your life online? Would you like to get paid to create a facebook page for some company? Here are 4 openings that are right for you. [LovePuppy]
22. Jeopardy is going to pit Man vs. Machine in Febuary. I can't wait for this! [Gawker]
23. Finally, I'll leave you with something to feel good about. Are you FUHreezing in nyc like me? I liked this comparison that @jessicacoen made: "It's positively midwestern out there right now." But, hey...it could be worse, much worse:
Well, that's all for me today. Do you have something to include in tomorrow's list? Email me: Rachelle@guestofaguest.com!