The Sanctuary Hotel has opened a rooftop bar called Haven, The EMM Group is continuing work on its multi- story nightclub/restaurant project, Daniel and Derek Koch are debuting their new restaurant/club Toy, Bagatelle has moved into its new location and more on today's Nightlife New Round Up!
[Photo: Haven at The Sanctuary Hotel via]
1. The Sanctuary Hotel has opened a rooftop bar, Haven. With wood furnishings, lots of vines, trees and floral arrangements, and a view of time square Haven is sure to be a hit. They will introduce a food menu in the next few months, but for now its just beverages which range from $13- $16. [Gothamist]
2. The EMM Group is currently working on it's newest 20,000 square foot project on 199 Bowery, and will be bringing in Travis Bass to oversee the nightclub in the basement. While Travis manages the nightclub downstairs, EMM will be in charge of the operating the restaurant, lounge, jazz club, bakers, and luncheonette upstairs. [Eater]
3. Daniel and Derek Koch are opening an Asian restaurant and night club, Toy, at the Gansevoort Hotel. They will be having an exclusive preview of the space on Thursday, and making their official debut on Monday, June 25th.
4. Bagatelle has moved into its new Meatpacking district location and is bringing back "Le Brunch." Saturdays and Sundays from 11am to 6pm you can enjoy a boozy afternoon full of champagne, rosé, and different DJs. [NYMag]
[Photo: Old Bagatelle]
5. Midsummer is a tradition held by the Swedes, celebrating the summer solstice. 25 countries partake in this tradition, and NYC alone draws nearly 5,000 people. Although there will be many family friendly celebrations this year, Swedish lifestyle brands like Kanon Organic Vodka and We Are the Superlative Conspiracy will celebrate on Manhattan rooftops drinking elderflower vodka Midsummer cocktails, and dancing to indie-accented DJ sets. "Midsummer Comes to America" brings its own spin on a much loved, and celebrated tradition.
6. This Thursday The Aspen Social Club will kick off their as The Aspen Surf Club, in an attempt to embrace the warm weather. They will be trading in their ski motif for a surf theme. The Aspen Surf Club is sure to be a haven away from the heat with great music and frozen margaritas. [BlackbookMag]
7. Jay-Z, owner of the 40/40 Club, is being sued for allegedly plagiarizing parts of his memoir, Decoded. Patrick White is claiming that his personal work was used as a part of the memoir, however the memoir is a collection of lyrics and the stories behind them- making White's claim seem unlikely. [NYDailyNews]
[Photo: Jay Z via]
8. The newly opened Brooklyn Crab has added corn-hole (a game of toss the beanbag through a hole) to its beach front mini-golf and bocce trifecta. While corn-hole grows in popularity, Brooklyn Crab offers something that most places do not- a shuttle between 6pm and 10pm. [BlackbookMag]