Le Baron may finally be opening over the holidays, Sean MacPherson talks new L.A. restaurant Il Covo, Strippers are making BANK and so much more in today's nightlife news roundup.
1. After a whole lot of back and forth, Le Baron is apparently ready to open. Owner Andre Saraiva hopes to unveil the buzzed-about club over the holidays as a Christmas present. To himself. [Eater]
Go HERE for more coverage on Le Baron.
2. Hotelier Sean MacPherson of The Jane and Bowery Hotel brings his experience to the West Coast, opening Il Covo in L.A. Partnered with Jared Meisler, MacPherson's new spot offers Italian fare and an outdoor, candle-lit patio.
"The last real restaurant I did in L.A. was Jones and that 20 years ago. I'm very proud of Jones and its success and I still love going there, but hopefully one matures or evolves, so I wanted to build a place with the same love and attention, just after gathering more experience." -Sean MacPherson
[Jared Meisler, Sean MacPherson]
3. Lavo is hosting a benefit for famed nightlife promoter Rocco Anacorola tomorrow night. Guests are encouraged to donate $50 to help Rocco cover medical and living costs, as he will be unable to work for a year after suffering from an aortic aneurysm. Can't make it? Donations can be made HERE.
4. Peter Davis' new untitled magazine is allegedly being backed by none other than the Trump son-in-law, Jared Kushner. The former Avenue E-I-C predicts,
"We will keep you talking and guessing all year, and all night long."
Gawker's response? "Shut-up." [Gawker]
5. Consider NYC Strippers part of the %1. The top earners at Midtown's Rick's Cabaret are making between $600k and $800k a year. That's a lot of lucite heels. [Gothamer]