Mar-a-Lago's Traumatizing Caviar Scandal

by Stephanie Maida · January 21, 2018

    When you pay upwards of $200,000 for a membership at Donald Trump's private Palm Beach oasis (plus $14K in annual fees), you would likely expect a little decorum. Then again, this is spouter-of-lies Donald Trump we're talking about. It's no surprise things aren't quite what they seem at the "luxurious" Winter White House.

    On Saturday evening, a guest at the Mar-a-Lago restaurant shared a harrowing tale of caviar gone wrong. Instagram user @vacayinbae posted shots of her "high-end" meal that turned out to be the Fyre Festival of dinners.

    Upon ordering the caviar, this diner was shocked and appalled to find that it was served with may want to sit down... PLASTIC SPOONS. Everyone knows you can only scoop this salty delicacy with mother of pearl. Honestly, now.

    Besides the utensil debacle, Ms. Vacay in Bae also captured the "disgraceful" caviar accompaniments - a few sad biscuits that looked less Ritz-Carlton and more Ritz Cracker. We feel faint just thinking about it.

    Now, while this isn't the first time Mar-a-Lago has attempted to poison guests (last year they were hit with 13 health code violations), we'll give them the benefit of the doubt and blame this terrible faux pas on the fact that Trump's $100,000-a-ticket anniversary gala was being held there on the same night. Perhaps all the mother of pearl spoons were needed in that room?

    [Photos via @petrossian_fr @vacayinbae]